Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang Vol01 Ch11

Winter went, and spring came.

The flowers were blooming while butterflies flew, sometimes they even perched on a finger.

In a huge villa located near the borders of Gui Le and Bei Mo, Pingting stared listlessly into space.

"You've gotten thin these days," He Xia stood behind her, sighing. "Pingting, you've changed."

"Changed?" Pingting chuckled, flicked her finger and the butterfly flew off. She looked up, "Who has changed? Pingting's surname is still Bai, still owned by Master, still plays qin for Master everyday."

He Xia studied her, until she was unable to meet his eyes. Then he suddenly turned and got something behind him. "For you."

"What?" Pingting looked at it carefully, apparently it was a sword given by Chu Beijie as a token of truce. "This is a symbol of truce between two countries. You can't just give it to me."

"Chu Beijie has a certain habit, at every battle, he always has a sword on his right and left. This token is the sword on his left." He Xia paused, lowered his voice and said, "This sword is known as 'Departed Soul'."

Pingting's eyes swivelled towards the centuries-old sword, stretched out a hand and slowly stroked it, repeating, "Departed Soul?"

"Back then I didn't understand why he left the most important left sword, instead of his right sword, 'Divine'. But now I get it. He left this sword for you, since your soul has departed from this world." He Xia stuffed the sword into Pingting's hands, sighed again, then walked out of the room.

Departed Soul?

Pingting hugged the sword, the cold scabbard pressed against her skin.

She stared into space.

That's right, her soul had disappeared while the figure disappeared on that horse.

How could I forget Chu Beijie? It was spring, the best time to admire flowers.

After everything had settled down, she spent her days and nights, carefully and precisely, thinking about Chu Beijie.

Why her heart had become mud then gradually melting into water, she did not know. She could not remember the frauds, the plotting, nor the leading to Chu Beijie's defeat. She could only think of those three nights at Hua Residence, that time when his face was so sincere while he quietly stood vigil.

"What kind of person are you?" Pingting lifted her head, looking up at the clouds. "Do you hate me, or do you love me? Before your departure, did you pretend to be dismayed, or did you lie to me?"

He was gentle, day and night. That was true.

His deception and lies, they weren't untrue either.

She was extremely clever, but she was extremely confused at the moment as if she were stuck in quicksand, unable to pull herself up.

Feeling a sudden heavy pain on her shoulder, Pingting turned abruptly, startled.

"Haha, daydreaming again?" Dongzhuo pretended to grimace, but seeing Pingting's pale face, he stopped himself to laugh instead. "Eh, eh? Why're you crying?"

Pingting hastily wiped her eyes, glared and said, "You're never serious. You finally decided to change your habits after that incident, but a couple of days later, your cheeky habits are back again."

Dongzhuo scratched his head, glanced at her, sat down and lifted a tea cup. "I came to see you and cheer you up. Instead you scowled at me, trying to tell me off or something."