seventeen.

You had rushed back into the house and made your way into the cellar. It was then, you saw Shikamaru passed out on the floor. You quickly gasped seeing the one you love possibly hurt. You went to check on him but that was when you saw another figure in the room.

There was another ninja. 

You couldn't make out much of the appearance but before you could finish processing, the figure quickly came right for you. You were actually able to think on your feet this time and pulled out your kunai to block the other ninja's attack. It appeared to be a male ninja. You had to use both of your hands because of how strong he is. He ended up using his free hand to grab onto your shoulder and tossed you across to the other side of the room up against the stone wall. Fortunately, you heard more footsteps coming down the steps. You balanced yourself using the wall thinking to shout to them to let them know that an enemy is here. Right when you were about to shout, he threw a kunai that just grazed your face from across the room. You felt the blood beginning to form as your back hit up against the wall and you slide down to the floor. Both your hands were holding onto your face as you were holding back tears and screams.

This was getting real. 

This is becoming exactly what Shikamaru said it was - a real mission.

This is the part about being a ninja that you knew you couldn't do. Everyone is passed out and you're not strong enough to do anything but cower away. Shikamaru's body is still just laying there limp and you can't do anything. You hated feeling this way. You hated feeling like a coward. The other adults haven't made it down yet but you couldn't just sit here anymore while the boy you love is passed out at the bottom of the steps along with the fire still trying to be handled.

It was then that you coughed very loudly and the enemy ninja quickly made his way over to you, covered your mouth and grabbed you off the floor. As a reflex, you started screaming as you started to jerk your body around trying to break free from his grasp. Some of the other adults finally made their way downstairs and saw what was happening. 

"Come closer and I'll kill her."

"That isn't necessary. She's just a kid. Let her go."

"Make me." He jumped high enough to crash through a nearby window and started getting away on foot. You continued to scream even though his hand was still covering your mouth and jerking yourself around hoping he'll give up and let you go. All was to no avail so far as he held up his kunai to your neck.

"Keep squirming kid and I will kill you." 

You yelped a bit as you finally stopped moving around. The last thing you wanted was to die on an unofficial mission. You and Shikamaru ended up taking a risk that was far grander than the both of you. Maybe if you had talked him out of it? Then, maybe none of this would be happening. You and Shikamaru would just be training. He would be helping you get stronger instead of you being some helpless ninja who can't do anything.

The enemy ninja quickly jumped up into the trees and stayed hidden until the close was clear. He watched as the adults that were pursuing him disappeared into the woods.

"Heh. Looks like I have no more use for you kid. I already got what I wanted." He held out an expensive looking ring. Was it him that started the fire?

"Good luck." Your eyes widened to the huge amount of pain that was spreading throughout your body. He ended up stabbing you in the back with his kunai, the same he threatened you with. He slowly let you go for you to fall through the branches. He watched as you kept falling until your body hit the ground. He did it on purpose so that you can die painfully. He made sure no one knew where you were so that you could suffer.

You coughed again and this time blood came out. Your body was face down but you were able to turn your head to the sided. You couldn't cry for help. The adults were probably very far from where you were now. Your body became weaker. You started to feel colder. At this rate, if no one found you, you were going to die. How pathetic of a ninja do you have to be to die during an unofficial mission?

Worst of all, this was all for an expensive ring. You had no idea of the value of that ring but it wasn't worth your life. It wasn't worth Shikamaru's or any of the adult's lives. The fire, the family, everything, for a ring. You were so angry but you did your best not to move too much. Not that you could at this point. That ninja stabbed you so deeply. There was no remorse.

You started growing more tired. As much as you wanted to stay awake, you couldn't. You felt your eyes growing heavy.