Chapter 30 - Please Listen

Start from the beginning

"What time is your meeting?

"1pm I think."

"Great."I smile already putting the pieces of my plan together.

_________________

Beth P.O.V

Tired. That was the one and only word to describe my state of being for the past three weeks. I knew Lexi was trying to wear me out throwing tons of work my way seeing if I will be able to handle it but I wasn't backing down. I wasn't going to give in to her damn mind games. I needed that promotion and that's all that mattered now.

I pick up my phone and dial Erin already completely aggitated "Please tell me she has parked or on her way at least? Did she call to say she will be late?"I ask Erin tapping my foot against the floor watching the seconds pass by.

"She...just walked in I'm letting her through."Erin says and before I hang up I hear "What you miss me already Boo."Her voice echoes through the phone and I hung up wishing myself calm. I wasn't calm I was pissed off. Who the hell shows up 40 minutes late to a meeting. She was trying to get a rise out of me.

As she walks through the door I make it a point on not looking up towards her "Your late Lexi."I say watching her stand in front of me and I look up at her smug expression

"I'm pleasantly surprised that you got done with all of the work I gave you so quickly. I hadn't anticipated a meeting so soon . You certainly are impressing me. Maybe that was what you were counting on doing."She smiles devilishly reaching out for my hand and I pull away leaning backwards glaring at her.

"I tend to do work as soon as it get assigned. I assure you it says nothing about the way I feel about you as it does the way I feel about my work. I would really appreciate it if you would stop wasting time so that we can get to work."I say to her as kindly as I can. I knew taking down to Lexi would only make her more difficult to deal with. Unfortunately for me I had to play nice and brush off the constant flirting.

She sits down on the chair throwing her leg over the other and placing her hands on her lap grinning madly at me she pouts and whispers "Say please.."

"Lexi.."I sigh clutching my hands together under my desk willing myself to do it. She knew she was going to be a reason that I got a promotion.  She’s so extremely undermining I hate, hate, hate it! Shit! I grit my teeth tring to pull it off as a smile “Please..”

“Mmm..”She drags on  and I starts tapping my foot again “You should stop being so distracting Beth. It’s hard trying to think when I have to look at that sexy scowl of yours.”She says making me roll my eyes and fold my arms across my chest. Bitches be crazy.

“Please can we just get to the god damn work please!”

“Of course! Why didn’t you just say so…Mmm but do you mind if I quickly use your on suite?”She grins and then stops herself and adds “Please.”

“Lexi..”

“I know -”She says walking away from my desk “business we have to get back to.”

And then I wait once again for her. It feels like that is all I’m doing lately is waiting for her. Until I hear my door open..

“Hannah what are you doing here.”I said in panic realizing I had no reason to panic accept the act that Hannah would see who Lexi is and perhaps the fear that Lexi would still be flirting even with my wife here. Hannah seemed taken aback maybe even hurt and I regret it instantly after seeing her that way.

“I mean I’m in a meeting..I’m just sur-“

“I just wanted to surprise you..”She says her eyes on the floor and I walked to her feeling like shit “I didn’t know..