Chapter 9;

"I don't think so" a calm voice says as a purple arrow is shot through the sky, your entire body floods with relief as the glowing arrow hits him.

"Gowther" you murmur your voice trailing of as a gigantic shape appears above you slamming the ground next to you as you stand up groggily determination filling you as you see Diane appear in front of you slamming her giant hammer down on the demon.

"Thron barrier" elder calmly says a gigantic pillar of steel vines appearing Diane's slam being reduced to nothingness.

Gowther jumps in front of you arrows firing at elder who blocks them with new vines.

Your eyes catch the man though the arrow's pierced right through him but he laughs manically grabbing it by the point and slowly dragging it out of himself the wound healing itself at once.

"You see" he says in an instant standing in front of you grabbing you harshly by the arm as he smirks.

"You never knew how much power you actually had, you only used.. A friction of it" he says his arm starting to warm up as you wince in pain.

"Let her go!" you hear Meliodas scream in raw fury. As you flinch when a powerful wind almost blows you backwards. You close your eyes to prevent dirt to make it's way into your eyes and you feel him letting your arm go.

"Listen Y/N" you hear Merlin say as your eyes snap open.

"That sword, if you manage to take it from him. Your powers- they'll return to you" Merlin says seeming to know everything already.

"B-But how?" you ask your voice shaken as you feel powerless without the safety of your magic.

"We will help you, just.. Do what you can" she says as you gulp but not anyway.

"Who is he.." you ask referring to the man as Merlin simply sighs.

"he's a powerful magic user.." she simply says as you turn around seeing a furious battle raging between Meliodas and Canaris. You felt your heart break as you saw Meliodas repeatedly being burned and wounded by your magic.

But that was also what made adrenaline rush through you as you started running forward your body pumping with determination, you just had to slither your way close to him and snatch that weapon.

"What do you think your doing?" Canaris suddenly says hugging you tightly from behind as you stiffen with complete shock. He was slowly trailing his nose up your neck sniffing as if he was a dirty creature.

You mentally slap yourself, you had a goal. You couldn't cower out of this one.

So you don't. With a swift action you kick your leg backwards hitting him in the groin as he slightly falls forward and in that split second of pain you twirl around grabbing your sword as Merlin teleports you away.

You almost fall to the ground with the weight, how is that possible? You think to yourself, it had always been.. Perfect for you, and now you barely carry it.

"You b-" Kai begins rushing forward to you but is stopped by Meliodas mid way.

"Merlin get Y/N, Diane and Gowther out of here" Meliodas shouts as he creates multiple clones of himself again.

Merlin ignores the command.

"Y/N you need to get your power back, he will kill all of us if you don't." she says making you hate the fact that you didn't understand what she meant.

"Pissy sorcerer" canaris suddenly says as a giant flame builds up under Merlin throwing her into the air as she falls to the ground being caught by Diane who holds her carefully.

"Diane get out of here!" Meliodas shouts to Diane who hesitates but with a powerful leap she leaps out of the strange arena we we're in.

You look to Gowther in desperation but he simply ignores you seeming busy on fighting the elder on and you realize it, no one's going to help you this time.

You take a deep breath as you raise the sword high up putting it slightly on your shoulder as you make your way towards Kai and Meliodas.

"Give up already" Canaris mutters as Meliodas looks more serious than you have ever seen him but yet he says nothing, he seems to ignore you or he hasn't seen you making your way towards them.

"Y/N what are you do-" he says turning to you.

"Meliodas, watch out!" you scream in fear as suddenly bright black flames engulf Meliodas.

"NO!" you scream rushing forward ignoring the weight on your shoulders as he falls to the ground and you stand in front of him doing what little you can.

"Stop" you can simply say grabbing the sword that weighs you down.

Instead of attacking you though Kai in a swift attack goes around you further humiliating you with your loss of strength grabbing the previous sword he had and in a quick notion stabs it down into Meliodas chest as your eyes widen.

"One heart" he says as you feel utter anger fill you.

The warmth of fury filling you from top to bottom felt familiar somehow but you ignored it, you had to get what was yours back and you would not stop until you had it.

In a fit of rage you grab the sword that you had placed on the ground and ignore the weight, by the seconds it was becoming lighter and you stopped thinking about "what if" thoughts and instead just focused on what you wanted to happen.

"Two hearts" you hear him say and you run forward your legs seeming to run faster by the boost of anger surging through you as Canaris turns to you as split second to late.

"DIE!" you shout your voice breaking at the end as you slam your down sword. You breathe heavily as the sword goes right through his chest and he coughs blood up almost instantly. 

Flames engulf you as you smirk in realization, your magic was back. And it empowered you further.

"No.." he simply says before your pushed back by a powerful burst of wind.

Almost instantly after you feel yourself being pushed to the ground as he holds you down with his foot.

"I'm still... Immune.. To fire" he says with heavy breaths blood dripping onto you as you gasp in fear as he grabs the sword striking it downwards as it goes through your abdomen.

"Now you DIE!" he screams preparing to strike it down again but before he can a sword is pierced through his heart as he falls to the side behind him Meliodas standing his eyes almost black like as a demon mark has formed under one of his eyes.

You feel your vision slightly starting to fade as he bows to your level his eyes looking curious as both of his arms have turned into strange wing looking things.

The last thing you see is him wrapping his arm-wings around you and you black out.

---

I'm so sorry if this was a bad chapter, I've never actually done a real fighting scene in any book I've written. So I apologize if this was not to your expectations.. Please leave a comment on what I can improve!