chapter thirty two

"Good morning everyone,my names are Mrs Valeria Annabelle Christopher,like my daughter Isabella mentioned earlier,with all humility of heart i want to say a very big thank you for honouring her call with your presence thank you so much,as she had said earlier on she has been managing my shares in the company in my absence ever since i went into comma,life hasn't really been easy since i and my late husband where involved in an accident that took his life which resulted in me going into comma,so the right thing for my daughter her was to take over my bossiness and every other thing since my other daughter the one you know as Mrs knight now wasn't strong enough then,but now that i've recovered and gotten my family back i believe i am strong enough to take responsibilities of the things i own including m shares here,so i hope from the depths of my heart that we would become good friends and colleagues,i am a very humble person ,easy to teach so please feel free to correct me when am wrong,am opened to suggestions so please dont hesitate to tell me yours,thank you so much for your understanding"valeria said with a million dollar smile plastered on her face.

"nice speech Mrs Christopher honestly i am very happy that you have gotten your life back together,and am looking forward to working with you,but as protocol demands we need to run a background check on you,like everyone else,also you need to submit your credentials , and the handing over needs to be done legally there most be a legal documentation stating its approval,and thats pretty much everything that would be required of you,once again welcome on board"eric said with ab old smirk playing on his face.

"mrs christopher,if i may ask if mrs knights was truly your daughter then how weren't you present on her wedding day cause you cant tell me you just woke up now and you are stable enough to take over,if you where still in comma eight months ago then i dont think you are ready yet"phoebe a board member questioned.

"oh i knew about the wedding but then i wasnt strong enough to attend"valeria said the fake smile still plastered on her face.

"so how can we be sure you are capable now?"another board member questioned.

"put me on trial i you like and i would prove it"valeria said

"mum i dont think you are ready"victoria said softly gaining everyones attention.

"my honey i am i promise you,trust me"valeria said her wicked smile not wavering

"mm you just woke up i dont think you have a clue about what being a board member of a company like this is,my advice is wait for a while please would you?"victoria said calmly.

the anger that burned inside valeria was unmeasurable,it took all her will power not to slap her daughter at that moment but she knew she couldn't do that in front of these people so she decided to go with the motherly weapon she had.

"oh my love i know you are concerned about me but i promise you am here to be the mother i havnt been to you all this years am here to take care of you and the things that are important to you,so trust me am ready"valeria said with a fake sadness on her face.

"fine if you say so"victoria said but she had an uneasiness inside of her it didnt seem right nothing that concerned her mother seemed right.

"thank you love"valeria said as the fake smile was back on her face.

"if that would be all then i think we are done for now,mrs christopher we should be expecting your papers by tommorow and everything else,thank you all for your time"eric said

Everyone stood up and left some shooked hands with valeria while some didint especially eric and victoria who where the first people to leave,isabella had a smile plastered on her face so did valeria.

"oh mum our plan is taking shape am so happy"isabella said imediately thelast board member left the room.

"yes my love everything is going according to plan so i just hope your sister bella can fulfil her own side the plan cause thats the key,once victoria looses faith in her husband then we get her on our side"valeria said.

"she would mum i trust her"isabella said and picked up her bag as she and her mother left the room.

"i want to talk to your sister so please wait at the car i wont be long ok"valeria said and hugged her before making her way to erics office,she talked to his secretary and she was told to wait,after a while he secretary let her in as eric was ready to see her.

"valeria what do you want"eric asked immediately she got into his office,he didnt like her and he knew the feeling was mutual.

"am here to speak to my daugther,victoria love can we go ot for a cup of cofee or something i need to explain things to you"valeria said to victoria who was sitting on the sofa in erics office.

"mum am sorry but we have nothing to talk about you did all this without consultng me so what do you want to talk about now"victoria said.

'that exactly my love please hear me out please?"valeria said.

'no,if thats all please leave am talking to my husband"victoria said with a straight face.

"fine,i stay with isabella now incase you change your mind"valeria said and left.

"baby i need to go home now okay,am so tired this whole thing is so tiring"victoria said when her mother had left,she went over and placed a kiss on his cheek and left.

the drive back home was quite she didint even realise that she was home already as her mind where filled with thoughts,why her mother was becoming an issue was tiring and why she couldnt trust her mother anymore was disturbing,the woman she was praying to God everyday to bring back to her was now bringing fear into her hart,everytime she saw her she had an uneasiness inside her it was so confusing.

"mam we are back"her bodyguard said and opened the door for her.

immediately she got into the house ella ran towards her and pulled her into a hug immediately,she shook her head and kissed her sisters for head.

"victoria there's something i have to show you"bella said immediately she pulled out of the hug.

"ok...what?"victoria asked suspiciously.

"come with me"bella said and ran upstairs with victoria following behind.

bella pulled open the door to erics office and went over to the shelf,she pressed a button on the wall and it pulled open.

"i know i wasnt suposed to ever come in here but i was just going round the house and i found this victoria i think you should take a closer look"ella said and stepped aside for her sister to come closer.

victoria couldn't believe what she was seeing,she shook her head in disapproval and took few steps backward with tears already forming at the banks of her eyes.

"oh my God!"

********************************************

THANKS FOR READING!

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT AND ALSO FOLLOW ME HERE ON WATTPAD FOR MORE INTRESTING STORIES AND YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUT MY OTHER WORKS HERE ON WATTPAD

xoxo
(Drops pen)