'I guess it's gonna take me longer than I thought to get over you'

Start from the beginning

"Look at Tom."

Tommy looked up

"Not right now!" She pinched his leg under the table.

"You're abusive." Tom yelped with a groan. "But yeah, ok he's staring at you. Well me now, thank you." He narrowed his eyes rubbing his leg where he swore she practically drew blood with the death pinch.

"I just don't trust myself around him. You've got to make sure I'm not alone with him."

"Hey what's so secretive?" Chris leaned over flicking a piece of Laney's long, honey blonde hair playfully.

"He's trying to persuade me to ditch you and team up with him for the next round of trivia." Laney turned her eyes to Tom.

Tommy nodded. "Yup. Cheeky girl she is, pinched me instead of just saying no."

"You can't have my partner." Chris slung his arm around Laney's shoulders pulling her back against him.

Hiddleston's chair slammed back loudly as he stood up and navigated his way to the bar.

"Oh hell. It's gonna be a pub brawl." Tommy flinched.

Scarlett laughed. "Maybe we need more alcohol."

"More shots!" Mackie demanded.

Moments later another round of shots arrived at the table. Laney knew she should probably stop while she was ahead, but she grabbed the shot, tapped it to the table and turned it bottoms up.

Drunk. Laney was drunk. Thank God everyone else at the table seemed to be to, although maybe not as much as she was. The guys alcohol to weight  ratio, compared to hers and Scarlett's, made a difference of course.

Laney was one shot away from going Coyote Ugly and singing and dancing on the bar top. At this point she was openly flirting with Chris and just as openly ignoring Tom. It was working fantastic....for her anyway.

"I've got to use the bathroom." Laney shook her head hoping it would help her brain come out of the alcohol – induced fog a bit.

Standing up her eyes scanned the room for the restroom sign.

"Hey!" Tommy called as she disappeared down the hallway. "You're not supposed to go alone!"

Looking at her reflection in the mirror she stifled a yawn. It had been a long day. She fluffed her hair and tried to wipe the smudge of eyeliner off from underneath her eye.

Opening the door it dawned on her that she had gone to the bathroom alone. Thankfully there wasn't anyone else in the dark corridor but her. As she paused to adjust her dress before returning to the group the men's bathroom door opened.

"Tom." She froze like a deer in the headlights.

"Laney." He eyed her before walking past her.

Her shoulders slumped in relief as it appeared he was going back to the table. But he stopped and turned back around. Taking a few steps back he was standing in front of her.

She swallowed nervously trying to avoid his eyes.

"You won't even look at me?" She wasn't sure if it was a statement or a question he was asking.

Slowly her eyes lifted to meet his.

Shit. It was the lust-filled, angry sex god.

He didn't say anything but took another step closer to her, so she backed up to the wall. The light was so dim in the dingy bar bathroom hallway. It didn't help with the sexual tension that was sure to erupt any moment.

Taking one finger he slowly traced it up her arm and back down again. Licking his lips, he took another step closer.

Leaning back against the cool, hard wall Laney closed her eyes. Tom faced her leaning one hand against the wall above her head, his head dipped low and his lips grazed her ear before they slowly met her neck in gentle kisses. Leaning her head to the side, she arched her back practically begging for more.
As his lips reached her collar bone he brought his hand up, using his finger to trace it, dipping down the front of her dress just enough to watch her inhale sharply as she bit her lip suppressing a moan.
Her hands, which had been idle at her side till now, twitched as she brought them to his chest sliding them up and over his shoulders. Running her hand up the back of his neck, through his hair she raised her mouth to meet his.
"Laney we should- oh shit." Holland stopped abruptly as he came around the corner and looked away. But then looked back like he had come upon a terrible accident he couldn't turn away from. Laney jumped pushing Tom back, sliding out from where his tall frame had covered her.
"Let's go." She straightened her dress for the second time, pushing her hair behind her ears she grabbed Tommy's arm quickly making her way out of the dark hallway.

Only Heart *Chris Evans*✅On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara