Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Natalie's POV
Two weeks later~

Quietly opening my eyes, I stared into a broad bare chest that connected with a neck covered in hickeys. Blinking away the little sleep that I had left, I stared at the beautiful sleeping face as the memories from last night slowly began to clear up. Sighing quietly, I gently removed his arm from my waist while slipping out of the bed. I quickly pulled on his discarded shirt from last night before making my way towards the bathroom to go relieve myself before the realization dawned on me.

After I finished up in the bathroom, I came back and joined him in bed as he now laid half awake with a sleepy grin on his face.

"Good morning, beautiful. How was your sleep?" He questioned as I quietly laughed at him while gently caressing his cheek.

"Aiden, it's somewhere in the early afternoon. We slept most of the morning away, but my sleep was great." I stated while gently kissing his lips as he wrapped his arms back around my waist. "What was it that you had planned for today?" I questioned once we pulled apart as he quietly thought about it.

"I planned on taking you to go see the house while the construction workers are away but about last night. Did I hurt you in anyway?" He inquired with worry in his eyes as I quietly shook my head. "Are you sure? Because it seemed like I was hurting you that's why I kept stopping." He explained as I smiled up at him.

"No, I just had to get used to it then I was okay. Now, let's go see that house and go get some lunch." I stated with a smile as Aiden kissed my forehead before sitting up. "Shower together?" I questioned as he nodded his head before standing up.

"I'll get the water ready while you decide on where we should eat for lunch." He stated while picking up his phone before adding, "Late lunch. It's three in the afternoon. I'm in the mood for some tacos, you?" He questioned back while entering the bathroom as I picked up my phone and scrolled through the local eateries.

"I'm up for some tacos, as long as they have quesadillas." I stated while following him into the bathroom as he tested the water with the tip of his fingers before turning on the shower. "There's a Mexican restaurant on the way out that has a large variety that we could choose from. Let's stop there after we finish with the house. How does that sound?" I asked while placing my phone on the counter as I slipped the shirt over my head.

"Sounds good to me. Ladies first." Aiden stated while helping me into the shower as he joined me. As he shampooed his hair, I scrubbed his back. "Is your mom okay with Raigh-lee for the weekend?" He asked while bathing himself as I nodded.

"She said that she doesn't get enough time with her grandchildren, so now she has Raigh-lee and Valentina and her family are flying in for two weeks while she's on call here in the states. So, we're good as long as we don't bother my mom while she's spending time with her grandkids." I stated with a laugh as Aiden gently shampooed my hair. "Why? Do you have this weekend planned out?" I asked while glancing up at him as he smiled down at me.

"You know I do, but a surprise is a surprise. I can't tell you what I have planned for this weekend. Just always come prepared." He stated as we both rinsed off before getting out of the shower.

[~~~]

As we left the city's crowded streets, the traffic didn't get any better until after we pulled off onto the road that led to my future house to be. Sighing happily, I glanced over at Aiden as he drove down the smooth street.

"What's on your mind, Natalie?" He questioned while glancing over at me for a second before turning his attention back to the road.

"I'm just so happy with life right now. I have supportive people surrounding me and I have a loving boyfriend. I never thought that I'd be in this place today. If you had told the eighteen year old me that, I probably would have laughed at you. But look at me now. I'm facing the world, my fears, and my enemy with the help of my family, friends, and my lover. I'm sorry." I stated while wiping away my tears as Aiden stopped the vehicle before pulling me into his arms.

"It's okay, Natalie. You're winning the race against life and it's challenges. You never let your past stop you from moving forward." He stated while gently rubbing down my long curls. "I'm proud of you. We're all proud of you." He stated while kissing the top of my head as I couldn't help the tears that wouldn't stop falling.

"I love you so much." I whispered as he kissed my head again.

"I love you too." He replied back while rubbing my back as I sighed. Quietly pulling away from him, I covered my nose as Aiden quietly handed me a tissue. "Are you sure you want to go see the house today? We can always come back another day." He stated as I gently nodded my head before he pulled off the side of the road and continued driving. It didn't take him long before he pulled up into a driveway that was blocked off by gates. Turning off the engine, we got out and walked up towards the gate as I stood gazing up at it in amazement.

"This is the house?" I asked as Aiden nodded while quietly unlocking the gates with a set of keys. "The same house from before?" I added as Aiden quietly grasped my hand before leading me up the circular driveway.

"This is your house. When we showed it to you, they were already two to three months ahead thanks to your parents but it'll be ready by the end of next week so we can get you packed and moved in as soon as you're ready." He stated as I stared at the little spots of grass and the dry fountain. "What's wrong?"

"A week?" I questioned as he nodded cautiously. "Oh okay, that's good news." I stated with a smile even though I wanted to ask him so badly. "Shall we go get lunch?" I asked while grasping his hand as he stared at me for a second before nodding and leading me back to the truck.

\\\\\\\\\\\////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

*Gasp*

Andrea's updating after almost two months away? Yes, indeed I am. I would have posted something on my message board or in the book but not everyone reads them or cares so I just haven't communicated.

The best way to find out about something pertaining to this book or why the updates are slow is/are to message me. I see those.

But, now that that's out of the way, I'm back for the small amount of free time I can get. I just started college back in May so updates might be a little short but since I plan on finishing up, updates might be frequent.

We'll never know.

I feel like I'm putting too many references into one author's note.

Anywho, what do you think Natalie's worried about?

I'll also explain their "last night" references in the next few chapters.

Andrea~