Chapter 11

Natalie's POV

A Few Days Later~

Quietly humming to myself, I watched as Lucy placed the final touches on the beautiful young lady before us. Even though she was frowning, I could still tell that she was actually enjoying this.

"Is there anyway that you'd like your hair? I can do it close to what you like. What do you say?" Lucy asked while gently brushing her hair as she quietly shook her head. "Oh, where are my manners? My name is Lucy Sampson and that's my good friend Natalie Atkinson. Now, please explain to me why does a beautiful young lady like you sport such an angry look upon your face? If you keep on with that face, you'll turn into an old woman." Lucy stated as the young woman quickly looked up at her.

"Please tell me you're lying." She begged as Lucy shook her head before the girl looked back down at her hands. She looked like she was deep in thought for a second before she spoke up again. "You're Natalie Atkinson? The woman who's helping us out?" She asked as I nodded before her frown returned. "We don't need pity from you. We can fully function on our own." She stated with clear disapproval in her voice.

"Honey, I'm not offering pity, I'm offering help and guidance whether you like it or not. And by putting on this front, it makes you look even more childish than what I had expected." I stated as her frown deepened. "Have you ever thought about how Yuki feels right now? Yuki's been working his ass off to provide for you three and what do you do? You start acting like a child. Swallow whatever anger you have and tell me what's wrong? Bottling up whatever is bothering you is bad for your health." I stated quietly as she glared at me.

"I don't need some rich bitch to tell me about my boyfriend. I don't have to tell you anything. Who do you think you are interfering with our lives? Some guidance counselor? Why don't you just shut the hell up and leave us alone?" She asked as I smiled at her before standing while Lucy watched on with curious eyes. Lucy has never seen me angry before even after all these years.

"When you're done with her hair and makeup, give me a call. Bye hun. It was nice meeting you." I stated while standing from my seat before walking over to her. "If you ever need anything, just ask Yuki for my number." I smiled while straightening my dress before exiting the room. Sighing, I quietly slapped my cheeks lightly to get rid of this feeling that was trying to pull me under again. The feeling of drowning.

"You okay?" A familiar voice questioned from my right as I looked up to be met by Aiden who looked too sexy for his own good. His dark gray tux clung to his body like a suit of armor while a white button down shirt peeked from beneath his tuxedo jacket. If I wasn't looking, I wouldn't have noticed the small glances that Aiden kept making towards the dress that fitted my skin like a second layer. Nodding, I quietly walked over towards him while smiling. "What? Why are you smiling? Is there something wrong with my hair?" He asked while frantically pushing back the loose wisps of golden brown hair that seemed to curl no matter what he tried.

"No, Aiden. Your hair is perfectly fine and I'm okay, now that you're here." I stated quietly as those mahogany brown eyes quickly focused in on me before gazing down my body. Quietly meeting my eyes again, Aiden quickly stepped back a little before clearing his throat.

"You look beautiful tonight like always." He quietly stated while pushing his hands into his pockets as his gaze took in my body once more. This time, it took him longer to meet my eyes. "Shall we get going?" He asked while holding out his hands as I nodded.

"Raigh-lee's okay, right?" I asked while grasping his hand as he led me down the familiar hallways; the sound of classical music growing a little louder. "Are you sure that it's okay to leave her with your mother? I don't want to throw all of my responsibility onto her. She might have something else to do. She might want a night to herself. What if-"

"Natalie." Aiden intervened while turning to face me as I stared up at him. "Stop worrying that beautiful head of yours. My mother was the one who volunteered to watch Raigh-lee for you during the Gala. You can trust my mother to look after your baby. She wouldn't harm a fly." He stated while gently rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb as I quietly nodded. "Any more worries that you have, feel free to voice them to me during the Gala. I promise that I won't leave your side. You have my word." He added while gently pecking the back of my hand before turning away from me. "Ready?" He asked as I took a deep breath before smiling to myself.

"Ready." I stated as we continued down the hallway before exiting through a large archway. Before us, scattered about, were people of different wealth and businesses. They were all dressed in expensive cloths with rare jewels garnishing their bodies. Amongst those people were the artists of the paintings being sold. You could easily depict them out since they were all together, huddled near the back, talking in nervous hushed tones. It was either their choice to donate their earnings to a charity or keep the money, but these artists were new to this kind of business like Yuki. That might explain why they're all nervous. Quietly smiling their way, I followed behind Aiden as we went from group to group introducing ourselves. Some of the people we met weren't too bad but there were a few who I wanted to just wrap my hands around their necks and strangle them. Sighing quietly to myself, I glanced up at Aiden as he silently stepped away to go get us something to drink. Smiling to the group before me, I quietly zoned out of the conversation as I felt it. The unwanted gaze that I've been avoiding for years.

I told myself that he probably wouldn't be here tonight because it wasn't his thing, but somewhere at the back of my head, I told myself that he would. He'd be here because I was here. Not close enough to touch but close enough to watch. That's what made the hairs on the back of my neck stand straight. I could feel his gaze burning into the back of my head but I was too scared to turn around and look.

Breathe in and out, Natalie. It's all in your head. I told myself as the steady tempo of footsteps entered my earshot. It's all in your head. Those could be Aiden's feet. He's probably walking that slow to stop the drinks from wasting. I tried to convince myself as the steps grew closer and closer before stopping. Right behind me. Deep breath in.

"It's been awhile, Natalie."

\\\\\\\///////

Ughhhh....

I feel as if this chapter makes no sense. It took me roughly one week to remember and type it out.

I apologize in advance for the confusion and the wait. It'll hopefully get better soon.

So, do you know who's watching Natalie?

Vote, comment and enjoy!~

Andrea