21 ;

this is like, the last chapter before the last chapter????? i'm freaking out shhsah i'm gonna try and make the book longer i don't want it to end lmao

also i'm really really sorry - i feel like the wait was longer than usual and i truly apologize. i wasn't in a good place these last months and i didn't feel like writing. i hope you understand

anyway, hope you like it x

***

SOPA high school

monday - first day after spring break

12:34

"Have you talked to Jeonggukie yet ?" Seokjin asked Taehyung as he bit on his sandwich. The two friends were sitting on a bench in the courtyard of their school, enjoying the nice april sun. "No," Taehyung frowned slightly, "I don't think he's wan- he wants to talk to me."

Seokjin sighed - he hated to see his friend so down. « That's not true, Taehyungie- » the blonde gave him a pointed look, « -okay, maybe right now he need to be alone for a bit. But he'll hear you out, and he'll forgive you, okay ? » Taehyung sighed, dropping his head.

« I hope. Is he mad that you are not mad ? » Seokjin smiled sweetly at his friend, patting his knee. « No, Guk is not like that, Tae. » The frenchie nodded, putting his head on his friend's shoulder and sighing once again.

« Everything's going to be okay, Tae. I'm not going to tell you that you did nothing wrong, because- yeah. But I'm sure he'll come around.»

« I hope, » Taehyung repeated. «I-I wish I can- could. I wish I could tell him how much I'm caring for him. With good words, yes ? Not my-my english de merde. I want to say sorry and explain m-myself gooder. »

Jin smiled, petting Taehyung's head. «Your english has never been a problem, love. Jeongguk always found your talking adorable. Don't start worrying about that now.» the black haired boy squeezed Taehyung's cheek. «You. Will. Be. Okay.»

***

jeongguk's house

the next day

6:19pm

Taehyung was nervous. He's been standing dumbly in front of Jeongguk's front door for a good ten minutes, not daring to knock.

«Allez Taehyung, tu peux le faire. Vas y. C'est juste- tu dois juste frapper à la porte.» he mumbled to himself, rubbing his hands on his thighs one last time before knocking timidly. (trans : c'mon Taehyung you can do it. C'mon. It's just- you just have to knock on the door.)

The frenchie only waited for a few seconds before the door swung open, revealing a tired looking Jeongguk in sweatpants and a giant sweater. (uwu) The brunet looked truly surprised to see Taehyung standing there and just stared at him for one of the most awkward minute in existence.

«H-hi Jeongguk. C-can we talk, please ? I know you t-told me you don't want but-» Taehyung stopped himself, taking a deep breath. «Please ?»

Jeongguk seemed to hesitate a bit but ended up mumbling a small «Fine, come in,» before disappearing inside his house.

Both boys sat on the couch on which they cuddled and laughed so many times, but this time the atmosphere was not playful or light. They never felt more awkward around each other than this moment, and Taehyung felt so guilty.

"I prepared something to say so I can be able to explain everything," the frenchie said after a while, concentrating to not make mistakes. "Can I tell everything and then you react after ?"

"Yes, go ahead." Taehyung reached for something in his pocket, getting a small piece of paper out and unfolding it.

« Huh- hm. Jeonggukie. I want to start b-b-by saying that I am very very much sorry. And I know it does not mean much because it's just a word but you have to believe me when I tell you that I never meant to hurt you, ever.»

Taehyung's voice cracked and he crumbled the piece of paper in his hand. Jeongguk's eyes were starting to stink a little, too. Taehyung took a deep breath and turned to look at Jeongguk in the eyes.

« I miss France. I miss my friends and I thin- thought I missed Bastien, and when he told me like « surprise, i'm visiting » I could not say no. We are not boyfriends anymore so I was thinking it was no p-problems. And I wanted to tell you but then we went to Hawaii and you- » Taehyung rubbed his cheeks with an annoyed sigh, « I said to myself to not cry. » Jeongguk smiled softly against his will. « Anyway. In Hawaii I was h-hypnotized by you. You are everything, Gukkie, and I- I love you a lot. I really love you. And I know I did things really wrong because of Bastien and everything was complicated but I can wait. I will wait for you t-to forgive me. »

Jeongguk didn't know what to say. He grabbed Taehyung's hand softly, craddling it between his own. « Why did your mom think you were still with Bastien ? Didn't you tell her about me- about us ? »

« When I tell- I mean told ! When I told her he was coming she was so happy. She thought we were in a couple again and when I told her not she did not believe me. She was just so happy that someone from France visited, and I didn't want to d- merde, comment on dit. Huh. disappoint! I didn't want to disappoint her, yes ? It's okay if you don't believe me. And I told her about you but we were not officially a couple and I was being scared s-so I didn't say that- that I loved you. »

Jeongguk's ears and cheeks were a deep crimson red, and he couldn't hold his smile back. « Tae. I'm not going to say that everything's okay, because- it's hard. Our situation isn't simple and we didn't get a good start. I don't want to point out the start of our relationship - I understand why you acted the way you acted. But the whole ordeal with Bastien really hurt me, especially because the day I saw you too I came to your house to confess. »
Taehyung's mouth opened, a deep frown on his face, and Jeongguk could already see the apology coming.
« Don't say sorry again, you apologized already. It- It's going to take some time- the two of us, yeah ? But I want to make it work. If we don't try, I'll never forgive myself. But we have to build something new. From the start. Deal ? »

Taehyung beamed, looking at Jeongguk through teary eyed and squeezed his hand hard. « Deal. »

***

sooo, what d'you think ? do you think jeongguk forgave tae too quickly or do you think it was time ?

do you think jeongguk forgave tae too quickly or do you think it was time ?

personally i think they both handled things well ? everyone makes mistakes but tae apologized blablabla so its okay right?
also i thought the little « speech pre-written on a small paper » thing was cute

love u guys thanks again for your patience!!!