10 ;

ok
i finally found inspiration bc of box () and something that happened to my close friend
thANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 6K theres more and more views each day and i'm so sorry for never updating :-( finals are soon so i thought why not update now before dying

lya

***

***

SOPA high school
monday morning
7:46 am

Jeongguk arrived at school, earbuds in his ears and bags under his eyes. He hardly slept during the week end, overthinking what happened with Taehyung for two days straight.

After he told Jimin what had happened between the brunet and their french friend, the short ginger told him to not worry too much and to just text Taehyung, but Jeongguk couldn't bring himself to contact his crush. He felt like he didn't have the right.

The brunet arrived in the cafeteria where every student who arrived earlier than the bell ring waited, immediately spotting his group of friends near the entrance.
Jimin was sitting on Yoongi's lap as usual, his face burried in the older's neck in order to sleep just a tiny bit more. Namjoon was sitting across them, deeply engrossed in whatever was on his phone's screen. The others weren't there yet, and Jeongguk felt guilty for letting out a sigh of relief. It's not that he didn't want to see Taehyung per say, he was just very nervous because he didn't know how the blondie would act towards him.

"Hey, guys." Jeongguk mumbled, taking out one of his earbuds and sitting down beside Namjoon. "Hey, dude," Yoongi answered. "How are you doing ?"

Jeongguk shrugged and laid his head on his backpack, feeling so much more tired than usual.

"Hey, Gukkie." Jimin said, "Don't be nervous. I can hear your anxious thoughts from here."

"How do you want me to not be nervous ? Jimin, we lit-"

"Bonjour tout le monde." a quiet voice said from his left. The brunet's heart missed a beat when he heard his voice. He looked up to see Taehyung, dressed in a oversized black sweater reading "Feu! Chatterton" and a black beret, kiss (more like put his cheek on) Yoongi on the cheek slightly, then Jimin, then Namjoon. When it was Jeongguk's turn to say hello, the frenchie shifted awkwardly before putting his bag on the floor and sitting down on the other side of Namjoon.

Jeongguk's throat tightened as the table fell dead silent, everyone feeling suddenly very uncomfortable. The brunet shifted in his seat before speaking up.

"I'm just gonna - hum. I just remembered I have a paper to give back to Mrs Ling, I'm - gonna go"
with that, the youngest of the group got up, grabbed his bag, and sped out of the cafeteria to the hallway. Fuck that was awkward.

***

And it went that way all day. Taehyung wouldn't talk to him or even acknowledge his presence (aside from shy glances that Jeongguk noticed even though the frenchie was obviously trying to be discreet) when they were sitting all together during lunch and promptly ignored him when they sat together in math class.

"Tae ?" Jeongguk whispered from his seat behind the frenchie. They were in history, last period of the day, and Jeongguk decided he had enough.

The blondie pretended he didn't hear his friend but the brunet wasn't going to let go that easily.

"Tae !" the latter shifted in his seat but kept looking forward. "Taehyung Kim, for fuck's sake !"

The frenchie finally reacted, turning around to look at Jeongguk, but the latter could see his crush's eyes were everywhere but on him.

"Quoi ?" (what ?)

"Can I please talk to you after school ?

"Pourquoi ?" ("why ?" yea that boy is playing dumb af)

"Taehyung, you know we really need to talk." Taehyung thought for a moment, his eyebrows furrowing. After a short amount of time, he nodded hesitantly.

"Thank you." Jeongguk said, sighing.

***

after school (4:45 pm)

Jeongguk patiently waited for Taehyung to get out of the class, but the frenchie seemed to take his sweet time putting his stuff back in his backpack. The brunet sighed : now Taehyung was just being childish.

When the blonde finally got out of their class, the two friends walked out to Jeongguk's car in the most uncomfortable silence the latter has ever experienced in his life. They stopped by the vehicle and Taehyung looked down to his feet, messing with his sweater sleeves.

"Taehyung, I'm so sorry. Désolé, yeah ? I- I clearly took advantage of you and I'm sorry. You have your boyfriend, and all of that, and you're probably mad at me and- yeah. I'm sorry."

Taehyung seemed more confused than anything for a moment before forcing out a smile.

"No problèmes, Jeongguk. Nothing happening, okay ? Fine. Erreur, oui ? Error."

Even though Jeongguk expected Taehyung to say everything was a mistake, he still felt his heart shatter in his chest. Of course it didn't mean anything to Taehyung. Just a drunken mistake.

"So, um... We're good, yeah ?"

Taehyung nodded slightly, forcing out another smile that didn't reach his eyes. He mumbled a small "à plus tard" before skipping off to the bus stop.

Jeongguk sighed.

Just a drunken mistake.

***
whoop whoop, one step ahead, 57 steps back 🎉
i hope you liked this shit even tho its not proof read
ily all i hope i'll be able to update at least once before my finals
thanks again for all the reads and comments i really can't believe how amazing you all are

peace out girl scout