Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang Vol01 Ch05

Start from the beginning

After Lady Hua had washed, she continued to work on her sewing. Unfortunately, she had jabbed herself several times and was crying in pain after a while.

Pingting tried to hide her boredom. "I said it would take hard work, so why does My Lady still want to learn it? Everyday My Lady gets me to help and then gets hurt... What's the point in doing this?"

Lady Hua sighed and stared blankly at her sewing. "What can I do? I miss him, so I sew for him, but then I get jabbed and so I hate him because it's his fault I'm doing this. Then I remember he can't see me, he doesn't know what I'm doing. Oh God, I'm so annoyed!"

Pingting wanted to laugh but seeing her Ladybeing so depressed, she couldn't bring herself to do it. The image of 'Dong Dingnan' once again came back into her thoughts, her vision blurred and her needle began to twist dangerously.

"Ouch!"

Lady Hua clapped, eyes sparkling. "You finally got jabbed. I say this needle is biased, it only likes to jab my thumb."

The two people continued to talk on, though Pingting appeared to be fully engaged in the conversation, she felt anxious. She had secretly hoped that 'Dong Dingnan' would come so she could learn more of her master. Her eyes flicked from East to West and the day was rapidly ending, but no one came to visit them.

Lady Hua saw Pingting's tight lips and she broke into a sweet smile. "Don't worry, he said he will come in three days. If he doesn't, we will just ignore him."

Towards evening, the two girls were sitting inside and eating dinner when the Housekeeper hurried in. "My Lady, someone wants to see you."

Pingting abruptly lifted her head, eager. Lady Hua turned and said, "Let him in."

The blinds came down and Pingting's heart began to beat faster. She stared at the door with anticipation.

Soon, they heard footsteps approaching the door and a huge moving silhouette appeared. He entered the room and bowed respectfully towards the Lady on the other side of the blinds. "Good evening My Lady, my name is Chu Morang, and I am here to pass on a gift."

Oh, so it wasn't 'Dong Dingnan', but the person who had passed the qin to her previously. She thought in disdain. It felt as if someone just coldly splashed a bucket of icy water onto her fiery energy. She was utterly disappointed.

Chu Morang politely laughed, "This is one of GuiLe's many bronze ornaments. It's not that expensive, but the detail is rather impressive."

Pingting looked out through the blinds, and she could tell at one glance that the ornament which Chu Moranghas presented was in no way at all lacking. Not only was it expensive but it was carved by the famous Gui Le bronze master, Lu Bing. Lu Bing was a legendary craftsman who died thirty years ago.

The ornament was of a girl playing qin on the mountains, her expression realistic and serene. It was so lovely that many people wouldn't mind having a painting of it. This 'Dong Dingnan' had probably given her this gift to compare its magnificence to her qin skills.

Pingting decided that 'Dong Dignan' spent money extravagantly and admired his tactics. "Such an expensive gift is hard to accept. Please take it back." Her voice was notably cold.

Chu Morang protested, "Lady Hua, this is the Master's gift, especially for you."

"Last time it was a guqin, this time around it's a bronze ornament, so what will it be tomorrow?" Pingting paused a moment before saying, "If his business meant for a barter of objects, I have nothing to give in return as I am a woman. However, if your Master wants something else, it probably won't be as easy to get it."