Chapter 84 - The Arena: Day 3

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?" I scream, using my nails to claw at his face. He backs off slightly, damaged by the scratches I've created. "You saved me before!"

That's it: I stopped him from achieving victory. But I know Majoris. Surely he'd be more likely to hold me captive, blackmail me, demand a random or swim thing. Not outright kill me.

"Septimus is alive," Grandis yells. Like that's gonna stop Majoris. They've modified him, altered his brain. All he sees is evil - that's only reason behind his behaviour; he isn't himself anymore.

Grandis drives his sword into Majoris' back. Majoris begins to twitch, his legs going into spasm mode. I become the target, the victim of Majoris' uncontrollable kicks. Completely insane.

This gives me a chance to lunge for my daggers. As I do so, Grandis removes the blade from Majoris' back, causing the mutant to cry out in pain. His roar is deafening...

Until I shut him up by slitting his throat.

Majoris falls limp on top of me, bleeding from his neck and his back. Rolling the corpse off of my body, I pant; his cannon sounds, leaving us to run.

"They'll know where we are now," Grandis mutters. "Let's look for the boys a bit longer. If we haven't found them today, we'll split, yeah?"

"Yeah," I mumble, continuing on. They can't be far - I see an entire different biome type thing up ahead. Another one? This one is ankle deep in water, no one would go there.

This klaxon sounds, the same one as last night; this large grey brick taking up the middle of the spoke begins to open. Unable to describe how I feel about the miraculous thing revealing something, all I know is that it'll be the best or worst thing to happen in this arena.

"Roxen?"

"Septimus!" Darting off, I leave Grandis to follow me as I sprint through the snow. He leaves the redhead - Phoxus, I'm getting - and another person I vaguely recognise, to catch up with him.

"I've missed you so much," he cries out, hugging me as we collide. The boys all catch up as I nuzzle my head into his neck. His eyepatch falls slightly, but I don't mind. He's here, with me.

"Hate to break the love here," the other boy grunts. Oh my god, it's Chester! "Phoxus, calm it."

Grandis is trying to rip Phoxus' head off - it's obvious that this will real the alliance, cause a rivalry between us all. Gripping Grandis, I prevent him from killing the boy from Two. "Grandis, stop. It's all okay, he isn't trying to hurt you."

"Boys," Septimus groans, letting go of me. "What are you even doing?"

Phoxus is calm, Grandis is still filled with rage. "Grandis, if you wanna join us, you gotta calm down mate." My voice is stern, harsh. My old intimidating voice is coming back.

"You're just gonna leave me?" He croaks. "For them?"

"No," I say, shaking my head. Phoxus looks to the side. "You behave and I won't. You can join us or leave of your ass can't handle it, yeah?"

He grits his teeth, but agrees to stay with us. Phoxus and Grandis are kept far apart so no violence can happen behind our backs.

"Let's go hunting," Chester mumbles, gripping a knife. We all follow the brunette's lead, ready.

Ready to win.

SPIKELET QUINN'S P.O.V

As I leave my shelter, I decide to stay here all day. I have everything I need from food to clothing to heat - why should I move?