Chapter 36 - Minigame 2 Summary

PHILLIPE HONEYMAN'S P.O.V

"Hello Panem," I smile. "Day 3 has finished and our tributes have been selected. Fione is still ill today, so I'll be covering this on my own."

It's true - she is actually ill. I think she may have a disease. I hope not.

"Minigame 2 is over. Next up will be minigame 3, which will be between District 3, 7 and 11. Now for the death toll for day 3." I announced.

District 7 is my favourite District. They aren't Careers, but they're strong enough to look after themselves. District 11 is cool too, normally constituting of strong tributes.

"Our first death belonged to Muscida Inchicape of District 10. Cherrie killed her at the feast after Muscida saved Carlin's backpack and discarded Cherrie's. Sadly, she risked her life saving the packs." I said.

"Next up, District 10's volunteer Friary Etherdone. Friary saved her twin from Cherrie's dagger. A truly heart-wrenching death." I poured at the camera.

"Our third death was Carlin Albidella of District 6. He and Spikelet Quinn of District 2 had a brutal fight, Spikelet emerging victorious." I said.

"Our last death belonged to District 6's Cherrie Scrabble. I think I speak for all of Panem when I say that Cherrie was the most surprising tribute we've had in the games for decades."

"She was paralysed in a 2-vs-1 fight with the two District 2 tributes. She asked to be killed."

"So there we have it folks. District 2 have two victors, Spikelet and Phoxus, District 6 have none, and District 10 had one victor, Rupilia."

"I have been Phillipe Honeyman. Thank you and goodnight Panem. See you all in June for the third minigame!"

The cameras shut off and I sighed. I need to see Fione.

I got into my car and drove away from the presenting lounge. I'm thinking if retiring as the presenter soon. Watching kids fight is sick.

After a long car journey, I arrived at Fione's condo. I knocked on the red door. She appeared in the doorway, pale and fragile looking.

"Hey," I smile. "How you doing?"

"Are the games over?" She asked. "Come in."

"Yeah, they're finished," I replied, following her into the hallway.

"Who were the victors?" She asked.

"Phoxus, Spikelet, Rupilia," I said.

"Cherrie died?" She sounded surprised. "What happened?"

"Phoxus paralysed her and she begged for death. The tributes from 2 teamed in the end." I replied

We sat and sipped coffee whilst listening to a bit of music.

After a while, she looked up at me, her big blue eyes strained.

"I need to tell you this," she breathed out and clutched my hands. "I'm pregnant with your child. This will be my last year as co-presenter. You'll have to carry on for another 16 years."

"That's great!" I smiled. "I can't wait. I love you so much." I kissed her on the cheek.

But another 16 years as presenter? I don't know if I can take that.