Chapter 41 - The Train to the Capitol

BRIAR SPOTTISWODDE'S P.O.V

Us tributes stepped inside the posh train to find District 11's tributes eating breakfast. They're so far away from the Capitol, they have to sleep on the train overnight. They're on it even longer because of the detour to get to District 7.

I sat on the train and examined my opponents and possible allies from 11 and 7. Indigo and Violetta look strong. Flux, Skene, Persei and Thalia could be possible allies. Vibia is not a Career. She is weak.

What about district 3? Arlu and Auricula would be nice. Mizar is also a possibility.

"Hey Briar!"

Indigo stood there, twirling her auburn hair. "Hey," I smiled back, playing it cool.

"You wanna ally?" She asked.

"Sure." Well that was easy. Indigo looks very strong. She'd be a good typical Career. "You have any skills?"

"I can use a sword very well from slicing fruits from trees. You?" She asked.

"I can use an axe, a dagger and a spear," I smile.

"Ooh," she winked at me. Is she flirting? She is pretty, I must admit.

"So, have you got anyone else in your alliance?" I asked, eager to create the Career pack.

"I'm interested in Vibia, but I guess we can't form a huge alliance until we've seen them train," she said.

"Vibia?" I ask.

I looked at the dark skinned girl. She was sat talking to Violetta.

"I'm more interested in Violetta," I reply honestly.

"She seems strong. I can see her being an underdog," Violetta said. "She'll be like Stevia or Sectus. Strong but afraid to show it."

"There's always someone in the games that has the potential to be a Career, but wastes it." I sigh, looking back at Violetta and Vibia.

"Vibia would probably join the pack. Anyway, I'm off to mingle. See ya!" She smiled and walked off, her hair flying from side to side.

What does she see in Vibia? She's weak and frail. A bloodbath tribute.

I looked around the room. Persei and Skene were sat on a sofa, talking and smiling. I walked over to them, smoothly.

"Hey guys," I smile, "you interested in an alliance?"

"Not really," Skene scowled. "I'm not ready to be killed in my sleep."

"Rude," I mutter.

"No thanks Briar," Persei said. She didn't smile, but at least she was kinder. "I'd rather stay in a small alliance."

Who else is in here? District 3 aren't on the train yet.

I went back to Indigo, who was chatting away to Vibia. "Hello ladies."

"Hey!" Vibia smiles.

"Hey Briar, how are you?" Indigo said.

"I'm good. You two allied?" I ask, gritting my teeth.

"Yeah," Indigo smiled. "We'll be great!"

I faked a smile. Vibia's face gets on my nerves. I'm going to kill her in her sleep.

MIZAR RABBLEDEEN'S P.O.V

I stepped onto the train with the Other District 3 tributes. It was glorious!

Arlu and Auricula immediately wades for a sofa, smiling as they bounced on too of the cushions. Bramble and Gauis walked around, feeling fabrics and talking to certain tributes. I have a mind to team with Bramble. And Arlu.