To do or to not do - Chapter 5

Hey GUYS! Please, do write me a comment telling me how you like my book and if it's any good! :) Thankyou for reading <3 

-

I quickly change my clothes into Capri pants with a pink shirt and a grey cardigan. 

"Mom I'm going to Sean's house so don't worry about dinner." I go to her giving a quick peck on the cheek. 

"Ok sweetie, don't be late." I smile, i wish sometimes to have my mom's dominant features, her perfect cheekbones and small nose. I make a quick run to Sean's house, it's only a street away. 

I knock on the door, "Anyone in there," "yea.. come in Beck." I open the door to see Sean getting up to sit on his bed. He really is handsome, i smile to myself as i think this. "How are you Seannie?" "Awesome, as always." He says this giving me a wink. I go and sit beside him. "Good, i have to talk to you about something, but before i start i don't want you to over react and please understand and be logical for a second." He looks at me with raising an eyebrow. "OK..but if i don't like what i am about to hear i'll tell you what i think."

I stand up and roam about for sometime thinking, "So, Seannie you know how i always complain about the way i look and how i really wish i could just have someone teach me the basics with makeup, fashion and just help me change my looks a bit..."

"Your fine Beck, you don't anyone to do that to you. Why don't you understand that." He gives me an annoyed look. "Please Sean i am not pretty, stop lying to me. I want to change, have a fresh new start, there is a competition and i am entering IF i win, i will get that dream makeover i have always been talking about." Right then Sean stands up and cups my face with his hand, "Your beautiful, i don't want you to change your looks for anyone, understand this. Your not getting the makeover." 

I start to get annoyed i move his hands away and make my way out the door, just before i exit he grabs on to my hand, as i look at him i notice the care in his eyes and for a second my heart melts but then i look at the reflection that shoots back at me from the mirror. "Sorry Sean, i have made my decision if i win i am going to do it. As my friend i want you to support me." 

Then i snatch my hand away and walk out the door. 

"Hey Rebeca, dinner is almost ready." Sean's Mom, Agatha smiles towards me as she says this from the kitchen. Sean must really get a lot of his features form her, with her dark hair, tanned skin and full lips. 

"No Thank you, i have to go quickly something urgent came up, maybe next time." "Oh are you sure sweetie? are you ok? Did Sean do something to upset?" She asks me in a concerned voice. I let out a soft smile and say, "No, he never upsets me. Thank you so much anyway." "Ok Rebeca but next time you definitely are staying for diner. " "Sure, bye Agatha." I smile and walk out the door. 

I sit on the bench at the park in front of my house, it's late and so quite, every ones inside. Cool breeze hits my face and i close my eyes, thinking about all the good things that would come out of the makeover if i win it. Chad, i sigh, he would finally notice me and maybe as me to the formal. 

- Next Day - 

Today is the day i will finally go to the Cassandra's Beauty Emporium and enter in the competition. When i arrive at the venue, it's a tall marble building, beautifully crafted, glass sliding doors, cream coloured carpets when i stroll inside. An enormous fountain, with plants cascading the walls behind the fountain. This is amazing!

All of a sudden i hear a voice screech as someone taps on a microphone, i turn around to see a tall, skinny women with bright red lipstick and dirty blond hair which tied up neatly in a ponytail, she is wearing a dress patterned with flowers flowing graciously down to her knees, high heels and she looks around 50 years old.

"Welcome ladies, i want you all to line up and get a form at the front counter, once you have done that we will one by one ask you to present your lovely self to us in the beauty room where we will then question you and afterwards when we are all done we will announce our decision in one week. Also, by we i mean Me ( Cassandra Evans ), my humble makeup artist, Davis Humphrey's, he had a bald head, with ray Ben's glasses, he wore a suit and the gorgeous Miranda Kerr. I gasp, she is so beautiful, the way her crystal blue eyes sparkle, and when she smiles her cheeks give away to the perfect dimples. She is so lucky! 

"Lets begin!" Cassandra announces, and at once girls race towards the front counter. I was pushed and pulled from one direction to another till i finally was able to pick up my form,

"Hello, my name is Rebeca Blake..."

" Name?Age?Gender." The women at the front counter asked giving me a bored look.

"Wait guys try out as well?" I asked shocked.

"Well Duh?" She replied hastily, " Now the information?"

Once i gave her all the necessary information about me i got my number 078656 and sat down at the waiting room along with many other excited girls, whispering to one another. 

 Text from Sean. 

I know, what your doing is wrong! But since your stubborn and are my best friend, i give up! :P Have fun! Movie night? no crying if you don't win! Don't blame me if they say your beautiful and that you don't need the makeover, but ask you on beauty tip. - Sean 

i roll my eyes and smile, my cheeks blush a little. 

Very funny Seannie. Thankyouuuuu! You do know your the best? Have fun at school. :) Definitely, but i am picking out the movie your choices are lame! - Me 

Fine! But no notebook or sad lovey dovey stories. -.- Gtg, class. Message me as soon as you get back home! - Sean 

Right then i hear my name called up, "Miss Blake, Miss Rebeca Blake, it is your turn now." The same women that i talked to at the counter ushers me towards the hall. I can see my number pop up on the big t.v infront of me, with my picture beside it.

Suddenly, i can feel a knot stirring up in my stomach. I am so nervous, this is it, i say to myself as i step my foot inside the hall and see the three judges sitting with one chair in the middle of the room. In front it is a microphone.