Chapter 29-Wagon Ride of emotions

When I woke up, I felt achy. My body was sore and I feel like I'd been dragged through áa war. I was aware that I was somewhere different than where I had been. It was hard to open my eyes because of the bright light and the fear. I was aware.

Then I feel it, the sparks and I jerk away unconsciously hoping that Declan didn't want anything from me this early in the morning. "Agápi," I hear a whisper. The voice sounds familiar and then things begin to flood my mind.

My eyes fling open and I meet the gaze of the prettiest grey eyes. "Alec," I breathe out. All of my emotions surface as I remember the past days or weeks or whatever the time was. I remember being touched against my own will. Tears start to pour down my face as I cuddle into his chest. He hushes me and pets my hair as he just holds me. "Alec." I just cry his name over and over at the comfort of his embrace.

It dawns at me of everything that I did with Declan and I turn towards him, sitting up. "Oh Alec I'm so sorry. Are you okay? Did it hurt you?"

His large hand cups my cheeks as his thumb wipes away my tears. I lean into his embrace as he places a kiss onto my forehead. "It's alright, kardiá. You are so pure and amazing to think of me when you were the one who went through hell." I climbed into his lap and nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck.

"We need a shower," I whisper quietly. Alec picks us up and walks us to the bathroom. He turns the shower on and helps me undress. My neck is tender and I got to touch it on instinct. Alec grabs my hand and holds it down to our sides so I don't touch it.

His jaw clenched as he speaks. "That's where he bit you," He grunts out. He pulls me to him and tucks my head under his chin. "I'm so sorry I couldn't get to you faster and that he forced you to do such vial things."

"You want to know what happened, don't you?" I whisper out. It's difficult to tell him but he's my mate and I know he would never lay judgement on me. I begin to wash my hair with the peach scented shampoo I loved.

"Only if it is something you want to discuss, agápi. I don't want to force too much on you." His fingers massage my hair gently and I live for the feeling. His hands are tender as he runs a loofa over my body.

"I should tell you." I zone out as I think about as much as I can remember. "I woke up to my Uncle Colin and Deidre arguing. I could tell she wasn't happy with whatever decision he was making her do. When I woke up they told me to wait for the Witch Moody. I did. She made chants and I felt slightly different afterwards. They told me I had been in a coma for a while and that Moody made it to where my dreams seemed real. And my dreams were my memories but they seemed to fade over time to only seem like dreams.

"I walked out after Moody left to see my parents and cousins. My mother cried hysterically at the sight of me and she began to get angry with my father who quickly took her out of the room. We spoke for a while and that's when Declan showed up and pretended to be my mate. The sparks were there-- the signs of being mates. I just didn't have the emotions. Della never spoke up either. We had went to dinner and when we came back he insisted on having sex even though I didn't want to. He said it would make me sleep better. He had tied my hands like he had with the rope. I just felt lost." I look down ashamed that I had cheated on my mate.

"My days there were extremely lonely. I never saw Gregory or Alby. Deidre couldn't look at me without having to leave the room. My own mother never came around me. Then one night at dinner Uncle Colin told Declan and I that he wanted to give that cabin to us. So we packed up as soon as dinner was over and that's when I really got to see Greg and Alby. I tried to talk to him and he just had a warning. Declan ended up hearing us and sent him on his way.