Chapter 6-Leisurely Stroll

Making my way into the master bedroom on the North hall, I stomp into the closet picking out my pajamas. I rush into the bathroom where I throw on my Golden Girls t-shirt and a pair of dark grey sweats. Leaving my clothes in a folded corner I stomp out not being able to control my annoyance. "Why would you do that?"

"I needed you to be here with me tonight. My wolf wouldn't allow anything less." I narrow my eyes at him. I can't believe he didn't even ask my permission first. "You're cute when you're mad." Of course that just sets me off even more. One thing that should never be done is telling an angry she-wolf that she looks cute or hot or whatever when she's mad. I go and sit on the single chair in front of the tv in the small corner without a word. Finally, Alec gets tired of my silent ways and throws me over his shoulder.

He stalks out the door and leads me to the part of the North hall that I've never been to before. We turn many corners before one final door is opened slightly just for us to pass through. The room was dim from what I could tell. The room seemed virtually empty except for several cushions. Finally Alec sits me on my feet and I look around. My breath takes me away as I see the magnificent room.

The ceiling is a gigantic glass dome that covers the decent size room. On the walls are wolves painted into what looks like a story. I see a black wolf painted towards the center of the circular room. Grey eyes stand out to me as I stand awestruck. "It's beautiful," I breathe out. I gaze up to see the beautiful stars not a bit tainted by the lights from the city. With my mouth opened in amazement I turn towards Alec with a smile on my face.

His eyes fill with something I can't quite cipher through. He smiles softly at me and pulls a couple of pillows along with a few blankets to the center of the room. He turns the light out as we sit and lay as we watch the stars. "As a child my mother use to teach me the royal dance here for many hours. We'd watch the sun set and the night stars dance along to the music. Hermione would play with her little dolls at the edges. We learned many things in here. She taught us the history of the wolves by explaining the drawings. She explained to us the importance of soulmates. She told us how in love we would be the second we saw them and I always assumed that was rubbish. That was until I found such a goddess at the edge of my sea with the wind in her control." His full lips turn into a slight smile as he stares down at me.

"She sounds like an amazing woman."

"She was." For a while we sit there and I hope that he doesn't become sad at remembering his mother.

"When we would go to visit my family, my cousins and I use to watch the fireflies dance in the north European summer. My uncle and father would tell us stories around the fire and I remember my cousin Deidre and I would clutch onto each other as they talked of an evil wolf who gained the trust of others only to destroy them for their own selfish greed. The wolf would pull a power card and take from allied packs. I think for fun they added taking young girls from their families to raise to be of a better generation. Quite the story actually." I chuckle softly as I meet the eyes of my mate. We're quiet for a brief second and I couldn't help but to gaze into his mysterious grey eyes.

"You know I will make you happy, right? That's all I've ever wanted for my mate and I want it more even now knowing who you are. I want to kiss you every day for the rest of eternity. I want to ravish you past the extent of what your sweet mind could imagine. I want to have beautiful pups with you and raise them to be the absolute best that they could be. I want to give you forever," he whispers the last part. My heart melts within my chest and I can't help but realize I'm falling for this man that I have just met. "I want my forever to begin today if you would allow me to."

I place a chaste kiss on his shoulder before replying. "I thought forever already began," I whispered as he leans over me. His eyes dart between my lips and my eyes making me unconsciously bite my lip. I hear him groan as he smashes his lips against mine. Sparks fly everywhere underneath the moonlit room. My hands entangle themselves within his luscious locks as I allow myself to enjoy the wonders of a mate bond.