Valentines Day [S2:E5]

Start from the beginning

"God," I forced as my body crumbled under Megan.

It felt as if I fell for minutes, but Megan seemed ready to catch me. One arm held me close to her as I rode out the wave, my hands gripping the sheets in an attempt to keep me grounded.

When I was finished, my body felt useless.

Megan kissed my chest. "I could watch that all day."

I attempted to catch my breath as I stared at her. Her hair was a mess from my eager hands, and her face red and flushed, but God she was still beautiful.

"You're just..." I panted.

"Amazing? Fabulous? One of a kind?" she joked.

"All of the above."

Megan giggled as she kissed the inside of my neck. Then she pulled back and looked at me.

"Shower with me?"

I smirked. "Duh."

We hopped in the shower and then headed to the kitchen, but Megan informed me she still had to work, so breakfast was out the question.

"Well, can I bring you lunch?" I wondered. "Whatever you want."

"That would be amazing," she said as she packed her purse. "You know what I like."

Before she left she kissed me passionately, lighting up my entire body. I didn't know what had gotten into her, but I found myself enjoying it. A lot.

And I found myself itching to see Megan again, grateful that I couldn't seem to get enough of her.

* * *

Shit.

I hadn't expected every restaurant to be super busy at lunch, I mean people still had to work and go to school! I should've known better than to leave as late as I did, but there was nothing I could do now.

I texted Megan, letting her know I would be somewhat late, but that I was coming. I hoped she wouldn't be too upset with me.

I had tried picking up from her favorite Italian restaurant, but the wait was ridiculous, so I was settling on her second favorite, which was sushi. And lucky for me, the wait time wasn't nearly as long. Once I received my order, I rushed over to school, illegally parked and decided I would deal with the ticket later. I just didn't want to ruin Valentine's Day.

About twenty minutes ago, she had said she was in the union, which was where she worked but there was a dining area not far. I had been here a few times, which helped me navigate through the crowd of students.

"Want a rose for your Valentine?" a student asked me as I passed.

I impulsively bought three and continued on.

But when I found my girlfriend, I also found that snake of a blonde sitting next to her, and my blood rushed to my head. Megan hadn't noticed me yet, but the look on her face showed annoyance. Her eyes were frantically searching for me, either for relief or hoping Nikki left before I saw her. All I could do was bite my lip with anger.

I stomped over towards where they were sitting, my grip on the roses tightening enough to break the stems. Lines ran through my head as I tried to decide on the best one, but my thoughts were a jumbled mess. I had been so good at containing my anger over the years, but there was just something about Nikki's presence...

That's when Megan's eyes caught me, and she knew what was coming. Nikki, on the other hand, had no clue since I was standing behind her.

"You're overstaying your invitation," I stated harshly.

Nikki must've recognized my voice, because she hesitated to turn around. When she did, the look on her face wasn't what I expected.

She used to be smug and arrogant, but she didn't say anything of that matter in response to me.

Instead she stood and looked at Megan. "You're back with her?"

I was shocked, but only because Megan hadn't told Nikki who she was with. Why hadn't she told her?

"Yes," I answered for Megan. "Is that a problem?"

Nikki wanted to say something, but there was a problem. She was holding back, and I wasn't sure why. Usually she was brash and said what she thought, but I had already noticed the clear difference in her personality. Not that I trusted it. If anything, it creeped me out because even though she was more quiet than usual, she was still a snake deep down.

"You should go," I finished.

And she did without another word. It was almost scary how passive she seemed now. It was like her personality had done a complete one-eighty.

I set the food and roses down in annoyance and tried to calm my racing heart. Megan's hand reached out to comfort me, but for some reason I retracted it. The look on her face indicated that had hurt her.

"You didn't tell her you were with me?" I wondered.

"Sam, I shouldn't have to answer to Nikki," she said. "And she didn't ask. I was hoping I'd never see her again."

I couldn't control the rage and I wasn't sure why. Maybe it was how weird Nikki had acted when she realized Megan and I were together again. Like there was something she knew that I didn't.

"Why did she look so shocked when I told her we were dating again?" I asked.

Megan just shook her head. "I-I don't know? Maybe she didn't believe I was really dating someone and that it was an excuse to decline her invitation for drinks? Or maybe she wasn't expecting it to be you?"

As much as I wanted to calm down, I couldn't. The sight of Nikki talking with my girlfriend annoyed me, and I was afraid this lunch was ruined.

Megan grabbed my hand. "Sam, listen to me, don't get in your head about this. Please. I can handle Nikki and keep her at a distance-"

"She was literally sitting with you, Megan," I replied. "I don't think you can."

Her jaw flexed at my comment, and I realized this was escalating, but I couldn't stop it. My anxiety about the situation was finally coming out, and I had no way to stop it.

"Do you trust me?" she asked.

I closed my eyes. "Of course, I do."

"Then what's the problem?"

"I don't trust her."

We looked at each other for a moment before I continued.

"I don't trust that fake, victim act she's playing, I don't trust her motives, and I don't want her around you." The shame of my insecurity made my throat tight. "She may seem different, but I don't think she's changed, Megan."

"Sam, I love you." She gave my hand a squeeze. "And I'm sorry that this is out of our control. But it is out of our control. There's nothing we can do about her being here, but I will be completely transparent with you if you do the same."

My heart rate began to slow down, but the anger I felt was still there. Now that Nikki knew Megan and I were together, I felt that we had opened a can of worms we wouldn't be able to control. I didn't trust Nikki, and even though her demeanor was different, her vibe was not. It was still evil, and maybe it was from past experiences, or maybe it was still the truth.

But if she did try to sabotage Megan and I's relationship, she had another thing coming.

***A/N***

Okay guys, I'm gonna try updating "Everyday Adventures" a few times a week to keep the flow going, AND I'm also working on a brand new story with brand new characters and hope to crank that out for Pride Month!

So, if you're excited like I am, hit that little star to vote and comment on what you think will happen now that Nikki knows the truth!

Much love,

Lauryn