Chapter 14: Raindrops. Flooded Carparks.

Start from the beginning

---

I started fuming.

Uh, excuse me?
So he did it on purpose? That– ugh!

I gripped the book tightly in my hands till they went white and conjured up all the different ways to dunk his head in the toilet.
So, Mr. Green really loved to push my button that much, huh? 

With the book so close to my nose, all of a sudden I felt a sneeze coming. "Ahh....Ahh... Choo–mpfhh!" I brought my hands to quickly cover the sneeze. Shit! I prayed they didn't hear a thing!

"What was that sound?" Brian feigned curiously. 
That little... punk.  Immediately my face went pale.

"What was what?" Mr. Green asked.

I peeked behind the book and saw Brian sticking his tongue out at me. I glared at him fiercely with my eyes, mouthing cuss words that didn't look pretty.

"I don't know, I'm sure I heard something," four-eyed Brian insisted. "It's really strange, it sounded like it came from somewhere behind the shelves. Shouldn't we go check it out?"

I shook angrily. Okay, there must be a book somewhere that taught girls how to simultaneously dunk two guys' heads into the toilet. The pip-squeak knew what he was doing!

"Really? I didn't hear anything." Mr. Green replied indifferently, examining the spine of a novel he had in his hand.

I sighed with relief as he continued speaking, "whatever it was, it was probably just the wind. Sounds like the cyclone is picking up again. Alright, this should be enough for the class. Let's head back to my room before this place blows down."

Brian sulked as they left, however not without forgetting to put his stubby middle finger up behind his back, knowing very well I could see.

Damn eight grader! I cursed at him, flipping him one back. Little Brian better watch out if he ever dared to cross my path in the halls!

Hiding hid under the book for a little while longer as they walked towards the exit, I waited until I heard the chime of the library door before sliding the book off my face and zipping my hoody off my head.

"Finally, air!" I gasped giving my arms and legs a good shake. Clearly, the library was just as dangerous as the hallways. I'll have to find another activity to do whenever I'm at school early next time. 

Glancing at my watch there was just about five minutes until the first bell rang. With a few books I still needed for my first class in my lockers, I head in that direction.

~🖤~

"Psst! Rose!" Luke called from around the corner as I was just about finished with grabbing all the books for Math. Luke flounced towards me eagerly and leaned against the panels of the neighbouring lockers. I could tell he was keen to tell me something.

"Hey Luke. Gosh, you're all wet!" I exclaimed as I observed the big raindrop stains all over his school tops. "Oh, where's Mandy?" I looked around, normally they arrive at school together.

"Oh, I came a bit early today because I wanted to ask you something." He looked around our surrounding nervously. There were quite a few students lingering in the hallways however none within listening distance.

"Sure, what's up?" I closed my locker door, wondering what was so important he couldn't wait until later. I suspected it had to do with someone who was yet to turn up.

"Um, look..." He began, scratching his wet hair behind his ear. "I wanted to ask you something since you're uh... so close to Mandy and that you're... a girl and stuff." He looked away as he spoke a little too quickly. My ears perked up and I began to get excited, my intuition was right!

"Um, so like... I was wondering right... Did she mention anything about wanting to go to the... uh... the ball with anyone?" The tips of his ears began to turn red as he stumbled. I watched as the small freckles on his face blended into his blush and my heart began to melt at his little display. He was so nervous.