Chapter 48, Little toe

Start from the beginning

"Well, unless the unknown number is more than one person, yeah," I reply before adding: "You didn't answer my question."

Owen stands up and walks over to me at the desk. I take a tiny step back, but already my ass is pressed against the edge of the desk. He only stops when he's right by me.

"We need to talk about what happened today," he says.

"I'd like to avoid this conversation," I say and try ducking away, but Owen block my way with his outstretched arm.

"No more avoiding. You felt something," Owen says.

"I don't know what you're talking about," i lie, because really, I was feeling electricity shooting up and down my body while Owen kissed me and I hate that. I hate feeling so effected by him.

"You don't?" Owen asks and gently strokes a finger across my exposed neck.

Shivers immediately follow.

"What do you want me to say, Owen?" I ask and push him away. I walk over to the closet and close my bag again before shutting the closet.

"I want you to tell me that I'm not crazy. That I'm not the only one that feels there's something between us. Hell, how this all started as a stupid bet and it's turned into so much more. How I've started out as a jerk, but you've made me better. And, and that you also feel that tingly feeling whenever we're close," Owen rants.

I slowly turn back to face him and I go a little soft at how vulnerable this gang leader looks.

"Just because I'm physically attracted to you, doesn't mean I'm going o fall for you, Owen," I declare.

A grin grows on his face and he steps closer. "You're physically attracted to me?" he asks and looks so happy while asking it.

"Didn't you know that already, Mr I'm-Irresistible," I shoot back.

It only makes him grin even more, "I'm irresistible?" he asks.

"You're ridiculous!" I say and fall onto my bed. I stuff my head into the pillows and literally refuse to look at Owen's smug face while my face is probably looking like a tomato. He's so bloody stupid!

"Goldyyyyy, answer me," he says and I can feel the bed shift as he sits next to me.

He literally makes me feel like a little girl and it's so stupid, because I'm usually the one doing the embarrassing part. I hate confrontations and I hate admitting to stupid things that really doesn't matter.

"Go away," I say through the pillows, but it sounds a little muffled.

"What? I should stay?"

"Go away"

"Want to play?"

"GO AWAY!" I exclaim through unintentional laughter and prop myself up long enough to punch his shoulder.

"Ouch! Goldy, do you realize you have a really strong punch?"

I punch him even harder, but this time, I don't stuff my face into the pillows again.

"Owen, I think you're stupid and annoying and childish and sometimes tolerable," I admit.

"I'm going to take that as a compliment," Owen says and I roll my eyes.

"And maybe, a very, very, veryyy tiny part of me - like my little toe, might think you're attractive and funny, but it's definitely not enough to mean anything," I try to explain.

"Your little toe likes me?" Owen laughs.

"Shut up, it was like, an example," I laugh right back.