Chapter 47, Xavier's weapon

Start from the beginning

"Everyone in the town knows about gangs, Darling. I'm sure your uncle won't actually try to deny us anything," Blake smirks.

I can't help but actually start to like the way he's calling me Darling. 

And that is annoying my voice of reason. Even though I know the bet is off. That there's no more faking it. Except of course at school earlier today.

"You have no idea how oblivious my uncle is. He'll do something I can't predict and it's going to be hilarious, but at the same time probably going to get him killed in a house filled with gang members," I try to explain.

"There's no chance that your uncle can't know about the gangs..." Blake says.

"You underestimate his lack of common sense-"

"THE DOCTOR IS IN THE HOUSEEEE!" I hear an all-too-familiar voice yell from the front door.

"Oh, God," I whisper, "here we go..."

I jump up and rush to the front door just as Owen opens it. "You're the doctor?" a confused Owen asks.

"Yasss," Uncle Anton says and steps in like a diva.

He pauses. Steps back. And looks at Owen for a long minute. Blake walks in and Uncle Anton looks at Blake as well. Then at me. Then back at Owen. 

"This must be the house for special boys?" Uncle Anton asks and starts cooing at the two gang leaders.

I honestly can't keep my laugh in.

"Uhh, what?" Owen asks.

"My Jessica told me that Amber here, is taking care of you lot. You know, tutoring you, teaching you how to count, making sure you eat and all that. I would've loved to see my niece before she decided to be Mother Theresa, but alas, the worlds number of special boys aren't getting any lower," Uncle Anton says.

I step in before Blake can say anything. "They can actually recite the alphabet now!" I announce.

"Oh, really?" Uncle Anton asks.

"Of course! Annnnd, they can do it together!" I announce because I really need to see this.

"Let us see!" Uncle Anton coos.

The two guys don't even try hiding their death glares they send me before looking back at Uncle Anton.

"A..." they say together.

"Wait! I need to take a video of this!" I interrupt and aim to take out my phone.

"Already am," Sean says behind me and I watch him holding out his phone. "This is for making me go buy the unholy supply," he adds before looking at me and then back at the guys.

Both Blake and Owen look like they're going to explode, but the two leaders suck in their pride and starts again: "A... B... C... D... E... F... G... H... I... I... I..."

"Bowmen, what the hell is after I?" Owen asks Blake.

"Idiot," Blake mutters before a blank look appears on his face as well. "Oh shit..."

"You need to go popo?" Uncle Anton asks.

"No, they just struggle a bit with the alphabet when they have pressure," I laugh before letting Blake and Owen off the hook.

"Uncle, I think Liam is in the kitchen. It's the bald-looking guy. Needs to get his stitches removed," I say and direct Uncle Anton away. He nods before leaving me with Blake, Owen and a very amused Sean.

"It's J... It's fucking J that comes after I," Owen mumbles.

"Told you boys you need to get back to school," I laugh.