Day 1: June 29 (Monday)

Start from the beginning

I know what you're thinking, and you're wrong- I'm not jealous of my cousin at all. I'm just saying we're almost complete opposites. Peach gets annoyed by me as much as I get annoyed by her. However our moms are very close as sisters, so they expect us to be very close as cousins. Well my mom does, anyways. Peach and I pretend to tolerate each other when any of our relatives are nearby.

I should really stop thinking about Peach. Well I'm kind of looking forward to going to Camp Tanooki, even though the only reason Mom's letting me go there is so I can "keep Peach company". I want to try out the cool activities and sports. And I hope to make new friends. If I befriend at least a few people, I might get distracted from Peach! Plus, I hope Peach and I end up in different cabins.

Well, I'm about to go outside and start walking with Peach. Wish me luck.

~ Yoshi's POV ~

I'm so excited to go to Camp Tanooki! But, the bus trip on the way there has to be awesome as well! That's why I'm currently getting everything I can from my pantry and tossing them into my bags. It's okay. I won't get in trouble, since my parents aren't at home. And they told me I could take ALL THE FOOD I WANT.

The reason I'm going to Camp Tanooki is because my parents are both on business trips for a month or so. My mom left last week and my dad left yesterday. They signed me up for Camp Tanooki because they thought it would be a good way for me to pass time. I agree with them. I'll get to make lots of new friends and do really cool stuff! This summer will be one to remember.

Finally, I'm done getting food and I check what's in my bags one last time. Swimming trunks? Check. Nature books and field journal? Check. Huffin' Puffin plushie for napping? I certainly can't forget that. I'm ready for the best summer ever!

~ Toadette's POV ~

"Come on, Toadette!" My twin brother, Toad repeatedly knocks on the bathroom door. "I have to use the bathroom too, you know!"

"Jeez, can't you be patient?" I reply as I brush my long, chocolate brown hair. "I'm almost done!"

"Fine, be done in five minutes or else I'll break the door open," Toad states and walks away. I laugh to myself. Like Toad breaking the door will ever happen.

I put my hair in two braids, then walk out.

"Girls..." Toad mutters, shaking his head and walking into the bathroom.

Toad is three minutes older than me and he likes to rub it in my face. We argue a lot, but we don't genuinely hate each other. It's just a sibling thing to bicker a lot, you know?

Toad and I... I guess you could say we complement each other in a way. Toad is friends with everyone and a total athlete. I, on the other hand, am considered a dork by practically everyone our age. I'm your typical nerd I suppose, with my straight A's, reading glasses, and what not. Most of the people at our school don't want to befriend me because they think I don't know how to have fun.

Mom and Dad signed both Toad and I up for Camp Tanooki and Toad is no doubt excited about it. I'm happy for him. He'll have so much fun and he'll surely make friends to add to the large amount he already has.

However, I have mixed feelings about going to this summer camp. I know it's an opportunity for me to make friends, since everyone will be divided into different cabins and that makes me hopeful. I'm also a little nervous. What if no one wants to be my friend just like at school? What if I don't see my brother much? What if-