Day 10: July 8 (Wednesday)

~ Toad's POV ~

"Hey, Toadette," I tap my sister's shoulder as I pass her. It's currently breakfast time, and I was on my way to get food.

"Oh, Toad! Hi," Toadette smiles. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, but listen," I reply. "Everyone has free time from 1 to 2 this afternoon. Wanna take that hour to catch up on things?"

Ever since we arrived at Camp Tanooki, got separated into different cabins, and met new people, I've barely talked to Toadette. The most interaction we have is usually just a simple "hi", smile, or wave. I actually want some sibling bonding time.

"Sure," Toadette says.

"Dettie," a girl named Peach, who I assume is Toadette's friend, suddenly speaks up. "You sure? I'll end up being alone with umm, our OTHER cabinmate."

"Don't worry, she'll probably go join her friends or something," Toadette assures Peach before turning to me again. "Sorry about that. But, where do you want to meet up?"

"How about here?" I suggest.

"Fine with me. See you later," Toadette waves as I leave. I continue on my way to get breakfast.

*five and a half hours later*

"Nick, is it okay if I leave? I'm going to hang out with my sister in the eating place," I say. Nick is my cabin counselor.

"Yeah, sure," he replies. "Just don't run away, don't take too long, take care of the property, all of those rules."

"Of course," I nod.

"Leaving?" Wario raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I won't be gone for long," I lower my voice to a whisper. "Just try to socialize with those two and tell me what happens when I return."

"Okay," Wario shrugs and continues eating from a bag of chips.

I rush out the door and to where I'm meeting my sister. Why am I running? I actually have no clue, I guess I just feel like running.

In just five minutes, I arrive at the eating place AND see Toadette.

"Don't tell me you ran here, too!" I sat down on the picnic bench.

"I didn't, my stamina isn't all that great," Toadette rolled her eyes and sat down next to me. "I left a little early. Or maybe my cabin is nearer to this place."

"Well, do you like it here so far?" I ask.

"Yeah," Toadette answers. "It's pretty fun."

"I agree," I say. "I'm glad you're not being all negative about this camp."

"I don't know. I'm just trying to make the most out of my summer," Toadette shrugs. "And you've been doing well, I assume?"

"I have. How's life in your cabin?" I question.

"Umm, Peach and Daisy can't stand each other, so that leaves me in the middle of them," Toadette explains. "Both of them are fun to be around though, as long as they're not together. How about you?"

"I kinda like my cabin," I state. "Wario is one of my best friends here. Bones and Boo are extremely antisocial, but they're tolerable."

"Let me guess, you're gonna name all of your friends now," Toadette jokes. "Because you're quite the popular one here, aren't you?"

"Oh, I don't know," I grin a little. "Would you want me to name my friends though?"

"No thank you," Toadette says.