Day 6: July 4 (Saturday)

~ Daisy's POV ~

Peach, Toadette, and I are currently on our way to the place where we usually eat breakfast.

I walk a few feet ahead of them, not wanting to be fully engaged in their conversation. However, I do overhear some things.

"Oh!" Peach gasps. "Dettie, he's over there! Isn't he so cute?"

"I suppose," Toadette says. I may not be Toadette's best friend, but she has been really kind to me so far. It's ironic how she hangs with Peach most of the time, but Toadette and I sometimes talk whenever Peach isn't around.

I glance ahead at the group of guy campers, which Peach's crush is part of. 

Yes, she has a crush already when we're only six days into the summer camp. She has been talking about him nonstop for the past few days. She is OBSESSED. I mean, he's just a normal dude with brown hair, blue eyes, and a bit of muscle... No big deal. Maybe I only think like this because I'm not boy-crazy at all.

Peach continues talking about who seems to be the love of her life as Toadette politely listens. Poor Toadette. 

Minutes later, we reach the breakfast site and I quickly walk away from my cabinmates to join my own group of friends.

~ Dixie's POV ~

"We're going to the lake, girls!" Elaine informs us, smiling.

"Yay!" Mona stands up from her bed and heads to the bathroom to change or something.

"Thanks for telling us," Birdo grins.

Birdo is one of my closest friends here so far. She's almost two years older than me, and she's rather pretty. Let me tell you though, she loves doing hair and makeup and we usually talk about those things.

Mona's nice but I'm not very good friends with her so far. We tolerate each other and we talk sometimes, but she is more tomboyish than not and she usually hangs out with the guys and a girl from a different cabin named Daisy. The people I hang out with most are Birdo and Pauline, and the latter is also in a different cabin.

When Mona leaves the bathroom, I enter it. I decide to get lost in my thoughts as I change into my bikini.

I was dreading Camp Tanooki so much, possibly more than anyone else. My annoying twin sister, Tiny really wanted to come here though. My parents thought it would be a great idea to send BOTH of us to Camp Tanooki. So basically, it's my sister's fault that I'm here. Plus, my parents took away our phones! I was pretty much getting ready for a hellish summer vacation.

I still don't like being here, but I must admit that Camp Tanooki isn't exactly as bad as I expected it to be. I mainly think this because of the friends I've made. I'm rather reluctant to do most of the outdoor activities.

I quickly brush my straight, blonde hair and tie it into a ponytail before exiting the bathroom.

Maybe I have at least a little hope for this summer after all.

~ Mario's POV ~

I am just chilling in the lake alone when a girl approaches me.

"Hey, you're Mario right?" she asks me. She has blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. She's pretty, but I don't think she's my type.

"Yeah," I answer. "And you're Peach, if I'm not mistaken."