Day 8: July 6 (Monday)

~ Bowser's POV ~

One week.

One week has passed since I first arrived in Camp Tanooki, and I still hate it as much as I did before. I have no friends, not that I want any. Everyone knows I'm not happy here, even the counselors.

It's about 5 a.m. now, so everyone is still asleep. Maybe discomfort caused me to wake up a little early.

Like most of the previous nights I've spent here, I stayed up until around 2 a.m. I would have stayed up with my music playing at full volume, but that only happened on the first night. After that, our cabin counselor told me not to play my music like that anymore. Of course, I don't have to listen to him if I don't want to but... There are other ways to give people a hard time. So I stay up until 2 a.m. every night, hearing nothing but the sounds of nature or whatever you'd like to call them.

I decide to think a little bit, because I don't have anything better to do.

I'm not 100% cruel, and I say this because I'm sure you thought I was. I admit, maybe I've been too harsh on everyone around me. I'm acting the way I am because I have no clue how everyone else is so comfortable and happy here. Am I the only person who is here against his will? I envy those who got to choose how to spend their summer, including the people who came to Camp Tanooki because they wanted to. I'm pissed at my parents, but mostly my dad, for planning my summer for me. I'm nearly seventeen, I should get to make my own choices already! I can't stand being the only person who feels like this, so that may be why I'm being so unfriendly.

Okay, but I understand that people are paying a thousand or more coins for us to be here... And the campers, much like me, deserve a great summer. So I'll only open up to people on one condition.

They have to try befriending me first.

But unfortunately for everyone else, it takes me forever to consider someone a friend.

~ DK's POV ~

It's 7 a.m, and my cabinmates and I are getting ready to go to the place where we'll eat breakfast.

Besides my cabinmates, the people I talk to most are Toad and Wario. I hang with them at meals and group gatherings, and they're pretty cool to be around. Toad and Wario are more athletic than not, like me, and they don't talk badly about others as much as most people do.

Yesterday, they suggested that I should do something certain and I will do that today... In a few minutes, actually.

My cabinmates and I finally leave the cabin and begin walking to our destination, being led by Elliott. I wait for Mario and Waluigi to walk ahead of me, while Bowser stays behind everyone as usual. Mario and Waluigi are also cool, by the way.

I wait a minute or two before turning and looking backwards to face Bowser.

"Hi," I say.

"What?" Bowser mutters.

"Wanna stay with Toad, Wario, and I for breakfast?" I ask.

"Why should I?" Bowser responds. He's obviously annoyed. But then again, when is he not?

"I guess that means no. But, you are always welcome to hang out with us," I genuinely state.

Bowser just shrugs, ending our very short and probably only conversation.

I jog to Mario and Waluigi to join their conversation. Good thing I'm already friends with them.

As for Bowser... At least I tried to be friendly.