LVII. Steady Downfall

Start from the beginning

I smirked, "Muffin; it's the master key."

He grabbed the key and went to the storage room. I dropped my backpack, slapping my hands in front and behind me. Hearing a thud, I turned around to see Neilson heading towards me with a basketball.

I bit my tongue as he tugged his tie downward. He held the ball in one arm while wrapping his sleeves up with the other. Pushing his hair back, he looked at me and smirked.

He bounced the ball twice and shot it into the hoop.

Neilson jogged towards the ball, cupping his hands together around his mouth. "Where's my cheerleader?!" his voice echoed in the stadium.

I laughed, then clapped my hands together. "Go! Go! Neilllllson! Go! Go!" I stomped left two times, right, then did this weird dance with my hips. "Beat 'em! Let's beat 'em! Come on, Neilson! Defeat them!" I put my arms in the air and swirled my body. "Gooooooo, Neilson!"

He dribbled a few times and shot.

I cheered and kicked my foot in the air. "That's my man!" I screamed. I pointed at him and pretended there was a crowd around us.

He laughed while I rushed in his direction and leaped on him. "Did you see it?! I shot the winning basket!" He pretended to be in a game.

"Yes, and I am oh-so-proud of you." I kissed his cheek as he spun me around.

He stopped and put me down. "Is this how you imagined it?"

I shook my head, "It's better," I ran my tongue halfway across my lips, "But, you're rusty."

He cocks a brow, "I'm still good."

I twirled around him and grabbed the ball, dribbled it twice, and shot it right into the basket.

Neilson whistled, crossing his arms. "Not bad."

I back away towards the ball. "Better than you."

He smirked, "I was captain and star player of the MistVille basketball team."

I returned his smirked and grabbed the ball. Spinning it around my forefingers in front of my chest, then threw it at him. "Yeah, was."

He bounced the ball back. "Care to join me in a game?"

I dribbled the ball in front, then threw it behind me, allowing it to reach my other hand. "Only if you want to lose."

He nodded in approval of my skills. "When did you learn how to play basketball?"

I shrugged, "I'll tell you if you win."

When I was younger, after mom left, I often went to the playground and played basketball by myself. I wanted to know how Neilson felt. I met a few shady looking people in the streets who taught me how to play.

"Oh, am I hearing a bet?"

I chuckled, dribbling the ball towards him, then spun around him and shot it into the basketball. "Maybe."

He walked towards the ball, holding it around his arm, and took off his tie. I watched as he unbuttoned his shirt and threw it down, revealing a white undershirt. He dribbled the ball towards me, and I tried not to swallow as his biceps flexed.

He stood in front of me with the ball between us. "I think I want something else if I win."

"What do you want?"

"A secret."

"And if I win?"

He leaned towards me, pressing his lips near my ear. "Then, I'll do anything you want."