Chapter 2 - Eighteen

We have been staring at each other for 10 minutes now. Me and my big mouth and Dad has learned his Daughter has Alpha power. He has no idea if I have Alpha strength or physical abilities as well, if I did (which I do) then that would make me a true Alpha female and he would be forced to kill me. Far as he knows, I am like Mom.

"Then Killian.." he began saying.

"Is out of the question, he is not my true mate. He would gain nothing from me, he would be a paper Alpha and any Alpha would see that right away." I interrupted.

"He could still become your mate, and with children born there would be a good chance a true Alpha son would be born and he could take over the pack. I can remain Alpha and teach your son all he will need to know." he explained.

"yeah Killian would just love that, only reason he wants me is to become Alpha." I shot back.

"Now Honey, you know that's not true, he's always loved you." he tried again.

"No, he just wants in my pants. He's mean, arrogant and a Bully to anyone he sees as less then himself. I have had to tell him countless times to leave the Omegas alone, even with them trying to alter his anger, he still beats on them and intimidates them. Even a rumor says he forced himself on one of the girls. No one will tell me who she is, so I can't prove it. But if I ever do find her and she is telling the truth, I'll kill him." I growled angrily. Dad sighed and sat back slowly. Finally he looked me in the face, his expression firm.

"By Pack Law, Raven Greywolf, if you have not found your True Mate on your 18th birthday, I hereby order you to accept Killian Redwing as your Alpha mate. You will mate with him and accept his mark on that very night. I as your Alpha demand and so order as of this day." he proclaimed aloud. He put the Alpha command in his words, it should have simply made me obey and submit to his Authority. I could hear Killian yelling yes, Raven's mine. I cringed inwardly and stood up to face my Father.

"I Raven Greywolf of the Pack Greywolf, make a formal declaration to Alpha Storm of the Greywolf Pack that if I have not found my true mate on my 18th birthday, that I will forgo all the rights and privileges of being a Member of the Greywolf Pack and will from that day on be considered a Lone Wolf." I stated even as he paled before my eyes. I pulled my knife and cut my palm and let my blood drip to the floor sealing my vow to him. The door slammed open to Killian's enraged face.

"How dare you do this, I will not allow it you cunt !" he growled and lunged at me. My Father was so shocked he just sat there, he'd never seen Killian loose himself like this before, he was not worthy of ever leading the pack, he realized at last. Killian rushed at me and swung, I was shocked enough that I didn't move right away. The impact struck my jaw and a loud crunch could be heard followed by a scream of pain. Only I was not the one screaming, Killian was holding his shattered hand. I grabbed him by the throat and pinned him to the wall. My normally sky blue eyes had bled to blood red.

"You are not worthy to lead, you are not worthy to even be a Beta. All you think about is yourself, the power you crave, the wealth. nothing else matters to you. With out needing to find the girl you raped, namely because I can already see it in your mind and your heart. I, Raven Greywolf, declare you guilty and I challenge you to prove your innocence in a trial by combat." I growled angrily at him.

"As witness, I, Alpha of Greywolf pack, hereby declare that a Trial by Combat is deemed prudent and will be carried out immediately and with out delay." Storm Greywolf declared, his voice booming loud enough that everyone within the house and a few outside heard it clearly. He had also taken note of his Daughters physical abilities, she was a True Alpha female, he had suspected for a few months now, almost a year. But until now, he'd never been positive beyond any doubt. Now he was and sent his wife a message, he could feel her in their bond, there was first pride and when she realized what this meant and there was deep sorrow. In the Pack Link he sent out the message of a Trial by Combat and listed Kilian's crimes and his Daughter as the one leveling the charges against him.