5. Dangerous Liaisons

Rowan

He didn't know why he did that.

Of course, the sheer presence of the male laden in black clothes irritated him. He didn't want anyone to disturb his search for his wife.

But the male emanated such power. Power which spoke of the endless night. Power so infinite that the speck of light in his darkness was so small yet so precious and rare that it's presence was a statement. A claim. A claim over the night and the promise that light is present even in the darkest and longest of nights.

Rowan was powerful. So was the male.

There was no doubt in that.

They would just have to see who would be the one to endure.

How his ice and wind would fare against the male's night.

Feyre

She was speechless. Not figuratively, but literally speechless.

She knew that even Rhys had been caught off guard when they had been winnowed, or rather thrown through a portal, to a place so unfamiliar in its very core. It wasn't as if Feyre had seen all there was to see in Prythian, but, this place felt different.

Her mate was standing with a hand on his eye and a fury similar to that of a Death-God in his eyes. The High Lord was pissed.

Then, as if there wasn't enough confusion already, the hawk, in a flash of light, changed into a silver-haired Fae male. It didn't disappear. It just changed.

Feyre had seen Rhys and the other High Lords in their other form before, but this was different. It was casual. Well, as casual as a Fae male could be.

When Rhys had changed during the war with Hybern, he had been severely exhausted and depleted by the end of it. But this male wasn't. It was as if he was used to doing it.

She could already feel a match brewing between the two Fae warriors. They were sizing each other up. Typical Fae arrogant bastards as usual.

She wasn't the only one who had noticed. Mor and Cassian were conveying through looks what she was thinking, while Azriel was keeping a close eye on her mate.

Even though she knew that Rhys was powerful, she could sense or rather feel the might and power of the tattooed male too.

This wasn't going to end well.

Rhysand

Oh, he was pissed. Pissed as hell.

He knew that his circle was tense. They were worried what he was going to do to the heavily built Fae male who had just hit him. Or rather, flown at him.

He wasn't going to create a scene in a completely unknown land with a man who seemed like he had enough power. They knew that. But they also knew him well enough to know that his moods and his recklessness were unexpected and were not to be left ignored.

He finally decided to suppress his ego and go talk to the male. "What is this place?", Rhys asked. The male replied rather gruffly, "Terrasen. And do you fools really expect me to believe that you don't know where you are?"

The High Lord was dumbstruck.

"Terrasen? Where is this place? And as for your retort, no we do not know where we are." Rhys knew that tone of speech was unusual for him. He never really just asked strangers for things. But he also knew that he was desperate enough to clear up some of the extreme confusion that all of them seemed to be in.

The Fae replied in a rather exasperated way, "In Erilea. Honestly, where are you from?"

Rhys knew that the male too was not used to talking in such a straight-up way.

Two desperate Fae males seemed to decide at the same time that it would probably be better to join forces and do whatever it was that they were doing.

But they knew that this decision would probably come back to bite them in the ass.