Prince of Knights Chp44

Start from the beginning

The man named Abdullah stepped forward and hugged his cousin, his friend. "I was gone for two years only to come back and find you married." Abdullah thumped Faris on his back then moved away from him and placed his hands on the knight's shoulders. "Ya Salaam, Faris, matrimony has indeed changed you."

Faris threw his head back and laughed aware of how Nasser ushered his knights to resume their training. "I would have waited for you to return from Medina, but when a man wishes to marry nothing can stop him."

"I see." Abdullah turned to the side, and they walked away from the men. "Well then do tell us who is this courageous woman who originated this light in your dead eyes?"

Faris inhaled, perplexed that Abdullah witnessed what others could not when he was not even masking it from them. "Are you prepared to discover the truth?" They sat on the palm mat and observed the knights.

"When have your doings never baffled us?" Abduallh laughed. Faris turned to look at him and noticed the Noor that welcomed his face the man had indeed changed drastically. Two years ago, Abdullah had departed for Medina to gain further insight on Islam and memorized the Holy book in a way that now he was entitled, Sheikh.

"You should know by now to expect anything from me." Knight of Knights cracked his fingers.

"Yes, but this is rather unpredictable. I believed you would wait for my return." Abdullah smiled.

"It occurred too quickly."

"She belongs to what tribe? Is your spouse from the Borkan?"

"She belongs to the Rashideen," Faris uttered the words and watched as Abdullah's eyes widened.

"Naam?"

"She does."

"How? How on earth did Sheikh Mubarak accede to this marriage?" Abdullah turned to face Faris.

Faris smirked darkly, "Father was the man who arranged this marriage, ya Abdullah."

Abdullah remained hushed for a while staring ahead clearly muddled. "There must be a reason for Sheikh Mubarak to consent to this marriage, something of grave urgency."

"Her sibling annihilated a man from the Borkan." With that Faris revealed everything to his closest friend. He even told Abdullah of the hatred Raghad possess for him and how he cannot seem to open his world or heart for the woman.

Silence followed them for a few minutes. "Indeed, a lot has occurred. Forgive me for asking this," He glanced towards Faris who gave him a nod to proceed. "Have you ever endeavored to extinguish the resentment?"

Faris looked away and shook his head. "Abdullah, Raghad is not a woman you can tame she has an opinion of her own."

"Raghad?"

Knight of knights nodded. "Yes. The only woman who stood before me and dared to glare in my eyes."

Abdullah chuckled. "By Allah, I believe this matrimony was meant to occur. Tell me, do you wish to live a tranquil life?"

"I may be heartless, ya Abdullah but not brainless." Faris glanced at his friend sideways.

"Very well, then entertain this old friend by apprising him of how exactly you attempted to make your life serene?"

Faris looked at Abdullah and stared at him for a long minute. "You are indeed a friend, but there are somethings I must conceal from you."

Abdullah grinned. "That indicates, ya Faris that you have never attempted to make it peaceful."

Faris nodded recalling all he had done for his woman. Indeed, he was ruthless, but that was how his heart was. He knew he unfastened a door for Raghad and observed when she walked up to him with those innocent eyes. Faris would have never waged war against his father then again ever since Raghad was named his he commenced committing deeds his brain could not comprehend. Faris knew he had accepted his enemy's daughter as his spouse, but he did not know how on earth could he make his life tranquil.