Falling For Him

Chapter 2

Hayes and I finished packing the pictures and then we started packing up his room.

We started on his video games.

"So when are you guys moving exactly?" I asked.

"In a week."

"Are you sad since it's a different town and you have to leave all of your friends?"

"I was, but now that I know you will be there, it's a little easier."

"Only a little?" I asked.

"Hey, we just met. That should be a compliment." He laughed and nudged my side jokingly.

We continued to pack his video games and we both reached for the same CD and we touched each other's hand.

"Oh, um, sorry." I said.

"It's alright." He smiled.

Our hands were still touching so I gently pulled my hand away.

We continued in silence for a couple minutes until Hayes got up and turned on the radio. It was playing 'You And I' by One Direction.

"Oh gosh, are you a 1D fan?" He rolled his eyes.

"Well, not really. But since you obviously hate it, let's keep it on." I smirked.

"Ugh fine. But only if you dance with me."

"Like slow dance?" I asked, a little shocked.

"Yea, you're making me listen to it so I'm making you dance with me. Seems fair, right?" he smiled and pulled me up.

"I guess."

He put his hands on my waist and I put my arms around his neck.

"You know, if Nash walked in, this would get really awkward." I laughed.

"Yea, for him." Hayes smirked.

We danced and it felt a little weird at first but then I got used to it. This is possibly the weirdest, most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me.

I smiled to myself and Hayes smiled back.

The song ended and we just stood there.

After about a minute, I pulled away.

"Thank you for that dance." Hayes took a bow and we both laughed.

"Let's go downstairs and see what else there is to do." Hayes held the door open for me and we went downstairs.

"Hey, Mom. What else is there to do?" Hayes asked.

"Well, I think we'll let Alli and Patricia go home. Alli looks tired."

"I'm not that-" but before I could finish I started coughing really hard.

"Woah, Alli. Are you okay?" Hayes said as he leaned into me and held me up.

"Um.." I started coughing again.

Elizabeth and my mom came over to me and patted my back. Hayes backed off but I didn't want him to. I wanted him to be there to comfort me.

"Let's get you home honey. I think you're getting strep throat. At least it sounds like it." My mom said.

"Oh, thanks, Mom." I said before I started coughing again.

"Come on." she took me outside to the car and Elizabeth told Hayes to bring me water.

He came out with a water bottle and a hoodie.

"Get in the car, Alli. I'll start the heater." My mom said.

I started to get in the car and Hayes grabbed my arm.

"Are you cold?" He asked.

I nodded my head.

"Here. It's my Davidson Day hoodie. You can keep it." He handed me the gray and red hoodie and I slipped it on. It smells like him.

"Here's some water, too." He have me the water bottle and I drank from it. It gagged me and I had to spit it back up so I could cough.

Oh my God, I thought. That's so embarrassing.

"You need to get warm and rest." Hayes said and helped me into the car.

"Get better for me, okay? So I don't have to worry about you." He winked and shut the door.

-----

I continued coughing the whole night. I didn't take his hoodie off, though. It smelled so good and it was so comfortable. Plus, it reminded me of him. I couldn't get him out if my head. I even dreamed about him.

-----

By morning, I was feeling a little better. I checked my phone and had 3 missed calls from the same number. I called the number back and it picked up on the first ring.

"Alli? It's Hayes. How are you?" Hayes said, sounding worried.

"Hey, Hayes." I could hear my scratchy voice.

"I'm feeling better. How'd you get my number?"

"I had my mom call your mom and ask for your number for me." he said and I smiled.

That's so thoughtful, I thought.

"Oh. Yea, I'm getting a little better." I said and took a big whiff of the axe-scented hoodie.

"That's good. I wish I could see you. Believe it or not, I miss you." He said and we both laughed.

"I miss you too." I said, hopefully not sounding too desperate.

"Could I have my mom drop me off at your house?" He asked.

"Umm, hang on." I replied.

My mom walked in just then so I could ask her.

"Mom, could Hayes come over for a little bit?"

"Aren't you sick?" she said.

"Well yea. But he doesn't care. Please?"

"Well, I guess." She said and kissed my forehead.

"Hayes?" I said into the phone.

"Yea?"

"You can come."

"Okay, I'll be there in like 20 minutes." He said and we both hung up.

I have to get ready now.

I got out of my bed and limped myself to my bathroom.

I washed my face, put makeup on to try to cover the huge dark circles under my eyes, that didn't work very well.

I put on a pair of black Nike shorts and took my hair down. It was wavy now from the bun.

I sprayed a bit of perfume on and and then got back into bed.

About 15 minutes later, the door bell rang. That's him.

-----