Falling For Him

Chapter 11

Hayes and I went to school for the rest of the week and it's Friday so I'm packing to go camping with Hayes and Skylynn and his mom.

"Get me a pair of sweats from my bottom drawer, in case it gets cold." I told Hayes as he sat in my room and I packed.

"Okay." He pulled out a pair of black sweats that said 'PINK' on the side in leopard print letters.

"Thank you." I said and folded them up. I tucked them in a pocket of my pink and black polka dotted suitcase.

"Could you pass me my- or your- Davidson Day hoodie?" I asked and laughed.

"Sure. It smells like you." He said as he put it up to his face and smiled.

"I thought it smelled like you." I said.

"Maybe it smells like both of us." He said and I laughed.

"Awe, maybe we have our own scent." I said and clapped.

When I got finished packing, I went downstairs to my mom.

"All done?" She asked.

"Yep. I'm ready to go." I said.

"Okay, you two be careful, don't do anything I wouldn't do, and have fun. But not too much fun." She smiled and pointed to us.

"Mom." I nudged her and gave her the "you're embarrassing me" look.

She rolled her eyes.

I kissed her goodbye and then Hayes and I took off for his house.

We got there and his mom told us to eat a snack before we start driving.

"Wanna FaceTime Nash and Cam?" Hayes asked after our snack of Skylynn's princess-shaped gummys.

"Sure." I said.

He FaceTimed Cams phone and Cam answered.

"Ayye. What's up?" he said.

"Nothing much. We're about to take off in the car to the camp site." Hayes said.

"Cool. We're getting on the plane in a minute. Is bae there?" He asked.

"Yea, I'm here." I said to Cam and then Hayes put the camera on me.

"Hey, Cam. I need a nickname for you by the way. How about Cammy?" I said.

"I don't care. I just know yours is bae." he said and we laughed.

We talked to Nash and Cam for a while until they had to catch their flight.

"Are you both ready to go?" Elizabeth asked us.

"Yea, we'll be in the car in a minute." Hayes called to her.

"Are you excited?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"How could I not be? And since you're not telling me exactly where we'll be going, I'm in suspense." I smiled and wriggled my eyebrows.

We both got in the back row of Elizabeth's silver Suburban and Skylynn sat in the middle row.

Hayes sat down right next to me.

"Stretch your legs out." he said and garbed my legs. He laid them across his lap.

"Thank you." I said and held his hand.

-----

We have been driving for about 4 hours and we're out of North Carolina now.