5. Peace.

Aurora's POV.

A hand touched my shoulder creating the same buzzing electricity I felt when he grazed cheek.

My loud cries stopped and I looked up in his eyes.

His face held no emotion whatsoever. It was completely blank.

He kneeled down to my position and wiped my wet cheeks, "If you wanna cry your heart out for whatever has happened, then do it. If you wanna scream, then do it. If you wanna break something, then break it. But I want this to be the last time you cried. I want you to let it all go." He said as pushed a lock of my hair behind my ear.

"It's not so easy to forget. It's not so easy to let it go. I'm shattered. I'm shattered in such a way that I don't even know where my heart lies and where my heartbeat does." I said in a croaky voice and he frowned.

"I want you to feel it all. Feel it. It defines that you're alive." He said and for a moment there was a spark of pain that flashed through his eyes.

"Does the feeling of emptiness and pain defines that I'm alive? Those memories slashing at me like an invisible knife defines that I'm alive? Does this pain choking me defines that I'm alive? Does the coldness that make me feel like I'm in a grave defines I'm alive?" I asked in a deadpanned voice and he chuckled humorlessly.

"Honey you just defined life." He said.

"I'll tell you one thing about pain. Pain will leave you one day but not completely.

"Pain is not fleeting. It will hover you, burn you and remind you of its existence. But after a few years, finger by finger it'll let go of your throat. Until there is only a faint pressure, like something always checking for pulse. It'll always remind you that you got through it alive." He said. But looking at him now, it was like he was an old scholar who knew everything and has felt everything in his life.

Including pain.

"Would you tell me what happened?" He asked with a measured look.

The thought of telling him everything slammed those memories to me like a sledgehammer.

Enough to bring forth another round of tears. I shook my head, not being able to produce any sound.

"Shh... Shh, it's okay don't tell me. I'm sorry... Oh hell! Listen please don't cry... Alright! Come here... Come here." He said as he carefully took me in his arms and rubbed his hand along the length of my back. My face was pressed against his chest as I clutched his shirt in a tight grasp.

"It's okay. Nobody will hurt you here.... I'm here. I'll protect you." Those words again created a warm feeling in me as my cries started tuning down.

Knowingly or unknowingly, he kissed my hairline which silenced up all my cries. I laid there in his arms and only one feeling came up to me. A feeling I was  sure I would never feel again.

Safety.

I felt... Safe in his arms. Like for some reason he'll actually protect me.

But how can he? He's the one!

My fingers loosened up from their death grip and I finally pulled back to look up into his mesmerizing blue eyes.

Eyes that now seemed at... Peace?

My eyes traveled down from his eyes to those scars. How did he get them?

Before I could ask that question my eyes caught sight on the drop of liquid on the area where his shoulders and neck meet.

I frowned, "You're bleeding! Are you hurt?" I exclaimed as that drop of blood sild down his chest, soaking through the shirt.

"It's nothing, I'm perfectly fine." He said and he suddenly stood up.

"Get dressed and come down to eat something." He said and slammed the door making me flinch.

But not before I noticed his shirt soaked in blood from the back.

What happened to him?

Azazel's POV.

One girl!

One girl was all it took for me to upset my entire schedule!

My 13 years long schedule!

But I couldn't just keep on slicing myself. I couldn't stop myself from soothing her. I couldn't bear to hear her cries.

It was so much more painful than the physical pain I was going through. So I took the shirt on the floor, buttoned it and went into her room to find her against the bathroom door.

Crying like she was broken beyond repair.

And that tore my heart.

Heart which has not given a single fuck since her.

And the moment I took her in my arms, every single cell in my body wanted to protect her in every fucking way possible.

Every time I touch her, it's like my body erupts up in flames and I love every moment of turning myself into ashes.

The feeling I'm feeling for this girl is way deeper than her.

How's it even possible? Is it true? What Elisa said about someone for me? Is this girl the one?

No, no! It can't be. How can a completely broken heart manage to evoke a feeling which has been dead for eternity in me?

Impossible.

But when she was in my arms, the feeling I never had for centuries creeped up on me.

Contentment.

And when I kissed her forehead, it felt so natural, so good. I wonder what will happen if I kiss those lips.

Oh boy! What the hell is happening with me?

But another thing that I felt with her in my arms was... Peace.

A fallen angel felt... Peace?
***

So sorry for late updates. I'm really busy these days.

How was it?

Vote, share and comment.

I'll try to update asap.

Until then hugs and see ya.