2. Neferet.

Azazel's POV.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as he entered my house as if it was his own.

"Just checking up on you. There's something going on up there." He said as he observed the liquor cabinet in the corner.

His blond skull trimmed hair gleamed through the dark room lighted up only by the candles.

"As if I give a fuck about it." I said as the thunder clapped in the sky.

"No Azazel, this is something else. They say that there is some traitor present there who's ready to destroy the whole heaven." He turned around and his violet eyes seemed to glow more brightly today.

"She may be in danger." He said and my eyes finally met his. Straight to straight.

"She literally has death to protect her. She doesn't need my protection. You know that I don't care about her any long." I said as I thought of a pair of brown eyes I've seen so many times.

Pair of brown eyes which I loved so much.

"Pfft... Who are you trying to convince this lie? Me or yourself?" He asked me.

"Raphael if you don't have anything else to say they then you may show yourself out." I told him in a serene tone which translated that I had enough of him today.

"There's something else you need to know. They are--"

A loud clap of thunder echoed through the forest near the bridge followed by the loud moan of horse near the bridge that no one uses any longer.

"I need to go." I said and Raphael sighed.

"Don't tell me--" Before he could utter anything else, I was out of my window.

What's wrong with her now?

I reached at the end of the river and hit my palm to my forehead. What am I going to do with her?

The water was glowing as if thousands of white lights were implanted on the floor of the river.

There was some movement and the waves rippled as a large sea horse type creature came out of the water and moaned again.

"I've told not to do this Neferet. It might attract mortals, who you know can't keep their mouth shut."

It's gills huffed as it moaned and placed something on ground with its too small hooves.

Or rather someone.

At that moment rain started pelting down on the earth making me want to punch something.

It was a girl!

I knelt down beside her and strained my ears to hear her heartbeat.

It was slow.... Way too slow for a mortal.

I took her in my arms, she was ice cold and way too pale. Her lips had turned blue due to cold and her red mane of hair ticked my hand.

Her eyelashes were a stark contrast to her pale face.

Neferet moaned again and went back in the river and slowly the water turned back to the colour of night sky.

Since when did she start saving lives?

Neferet was one of a beautiful kind. In heavens, Neferets were used for souls who travel from earth and gained entry in heaven because of their good deeds and what not.

The one on the earth here was something I brought with me when I ws casted out. In short, she is my pet.

The mortal in my arms had several cuts on her body from where the bleeding had stopped. Her clothes were torn from several places and looked like she had worn them for ages.

She looked like she'd been through hell.

What am I supposed to do now?

I can easily leave her here to die and feel no remorse whatsoever.

It's not like I know her or anything.

I should've stayed at home and listened to what Raphael had to say and maybe later we would have played XBOX.

Yeah great! Two fallen angels playing XBOX, what could be more funny?

Or... I could take her with me, heal her and set her on her merry way after she is being treated.

Yeah, that will add something to Azazel's good deeds list.

Regardless to say, I'm not evil enough to leave this mortal here to die on this cold, rainy night.

I picked her up in my arms and just as I was about to go, Neferet's tail popped out of water and threw something at me.

I bent down to pick up a pair of spectacles which were cracked and broken. Maybe it was hers.

I pocketed it in my jeans as I started my way back to home.

By the time I was back, Raphael was gone. The moment I opened the door, flames of candles turned blue and some of them went off as the wind gushed in.

I took her up to the guest bedroom and laid her down on the bed.

She looked ethereal against the red blankets and sheets.

I brought my hand to her chest and managed to control her heartbeat bringing it back to normal.

I procured some gauzes in my hand along with some alcohol.

I bandaged her wounds- no need for her to go around and shout magic if her wounds just disappeared- and removed her wet clothing and again covered her with heaps of blankets.

Without peeping at her naked body.

But how do I actually care for her?

I had no experience with mortal, especially a woman except for my....

Ah... Looks like I'm going to Paris.
****

Yo guys!

Sorry if it's small.

Also, there is the pic of Neferet up there.

Until then, hugs and see ya.