Chapter 8

Grace's POV

It's been about a week since Zach told me Noah was gonna visit, and today is finally the day! I woke up and ran downstairs, "Is he here?!" I asked Jonah, I was bouncing up and down with pure excitement. "Ok, I need to talk to whoever turned you on this morning, it's like 7 and you're already on 'Energetic Mode'" he joked, I smiled "Is he?" I asked, "He's coming around noon." He said, "Hello, how's life today?" Zach said coming downstairs, "Noah's coming!" I said squeezing him, "So we've heard." Corbyn said rubbing his eyes, "Sorry if I woke you." I said as Zach put me down. "Or the rest of us." Jack said coming down with Daniel. I smiled sheepishly, "Sorry, I'm excited!" I said.

A few hours later I was standing in front of the door watching the clock, "How long have you been waiting there?" Zach asked walking up, "Maybe half an hour? I dunno, too excited to care." I said peeking out the door, "I see the orphanage's van!!" I said running out, Noah got out of the car and I immediately jumped on him. "H-hi Grace." He coughed laying on the ground, I laughed and hugged him. "You're gonna hurt him Grace, come on up." Ma'am said lifting me off. "Hi, so you're Noah?" Jonah asked walking up, Noah looked at him suspicious and back to me I nodded. "Yeah." He said, "Alright, so here we have Zach, Jack, Daniel, Corbyn, and I'm Jonah." Jonah explained pointing to everyone in turn. They all waved and mumbled hi, I kept looking back and forth, I couldn't figure out why everyone was being so awkward! "Ok...So I'm gonna take Noah to my room..." I said slowly, I took Noah's hand and ran upstairs. "So how is life here?" He asked looking around, "Really good, they're all so nice!" I said, "How do you remember all the names? I only remember Daniel and Jordan." He said sitting down. I laughed, "Close, his name is Corbyn, but you got Daniel right. Then Zach, Jack and Jonah." He nodded, "So that's how many?" He smiled, "Five! It's not that- Hey!" I said laughing as he tickled me. "Hey lovebirds, lunch will be ready soon, so come on." Jack said popping his head in, I jumped at him but Noah caught me. "I will claw your face off you annoying llama!" I growled as Noah held me back laughing. "I don't think you're friend is gonna let you." Jack laughed, "I can let go anytime, and she's not joking about the clawing, ask Tommy." Noah said as we climbed down. "Who's Tommy?" Jack asked, "Exactly." Noah said, I elbowed him, "Eighth grader, he got on my bad side a few months ago, and I think he still might have scars." I said calmly, Jack backed up wide eyed, "She's kidding, he doesn't have any scars." Noah said, "Yea, no physical ones." I said as we sat down. "What did he do?" Jack asked, "I think he was teasing Cassie about something. I snapped and bit him." I said, "Remind me never to tease you." Daniel said sitting down, Noah nodded, "I learned that the hard way when we met." He said, I laughed remembering. "What happened Corbyn said walking up. "It was my first meal in the 4-18 room, I couldn't find my hallway's table and Noah, in my hallway, decided to make a joke about my IQ." I said, Noah shuddered, "I have regretted that day ever since." He said, "Weird, you don't strike me as a violent type." Corbyn said, I shrugged, "My first few weeks at the orphanage I was still adjusting to people being, well people to be honest. My old family wasn't the best at it." I said Jack opened his mouth, then closed it, I looked to Noah who was waving his hands at Jack. He noticed me and pretended to be just looking at his nails, I laughed. "It's fine, I got used to life at the orphanage and I'm getting used to life here." They were all in the room by now, staring at me. "I preferred when we were talking about violence, now it's awkward and I'm taking my lunch upstairs." I said grabbing my plate and walking out, I paused at the stairs to watch Noah and the guys. "Eat, the director said you wouldn't and that's why you're here, Grace is alive and well, so eat." Jonah said, "Jeez, you're not my dad..." Noah muttered, I ran in. "I think I'll take this too..." I said hurriedly, grabbing Noah's arm and giving Jonah a look. "What's his deal?" Noah said sitting on my bed, I put my plate on my desk and sat down. "He's right Noah. They aren't hurting me at all. You wouldn't eat because you thought that, and now you know I'm fine you need to eat." I said, he looked at me a little, "You are on my side, right?" He said, "I'm not taking sides, Jonah was right for this and I don't agree with how you talked to him...I don't know, you guys are some of the most special people on the planet to me, you guys and Cassie. I don't want to lose you because you can't get along with my brothers..." I said tearing up at the end. "So you'd choose your 'brothers' over me?" He glared, "I said I'm not taking sides! I love all you guys, but I have no choice but to stay with these guys, and-" I cried, Noah cut me off by getting up. "N-noah?" I asked, he just walked out of the room. I watched him leave and tried not to break, I heard Jonah and Corbyn yelling downstairs, and ran down. "Let me leave!" He was growling, both Jonah and Corbyn had to hold him back. "Noah!!" I yelled running up to him, he pushed me off as I tried to hug him, and Zach picked me up. I buried my face in his chest to cry. "You are coming with me. Now." I heard Jonah say firmly, I looked up and he was dragging Noah out of the room. "No! He didn't mean it, it's my fault!" I cried as they left, Jack and Daniel came over as I put my face in Zach's chest again. I felt a hand on my head, and looked up. "It's not your fault, it never was. Noah was mad, he took it out on you." Daniel said stroking my hair. "You didn't deserve it, like Daniel said, he was mad." Corbyn said walking over. I started struggling, I had to go help Noah. "Shh, it's ok. Jonah won't hurt him m." Jack said, I looked upstairs as we heard Jonah's voice echo. I hid in Zach's chest and started crying. "Do you wanna go outside for a little? Take your mind off this?" Zach said, I nodded into him still sniffling.