Chapter 3

Zach's POV

"Stupid kid, why'd she come here? Now I'm forced to do everything for her..." I muttered, I heard a noise and turned in time to see Grace run past me and down the ladder. "Hey! Hey, wait a moment!" I called after her, but she didn't hear. "I'm so dead!" I thought climbing down the ladder, I walked downstairs to find her clinging to Corbyn crying , and an angry looking Jonah. He gestured to me to follow him and I did. "What is wrong with you!" He scolded closing our room door, I flinched looking down. "Grace is only 8, you're almost 17, you should know better than to tease her! She's so new here, and you really hurt her!" He said, I nodded trying to hide my tears. "You will apologize, now." He said, I nodded, and he lead me towards her ladder. "Grace?" I whispered, "Go away!" I heard from under the blanket, I walked over. "I'm really sorry for what I said, I'm used to most of the attention being on me, and I got a little jealous." I said crouching down, "I said go away!" Grace said again, "Please! I really am sorry! I didn't mean it, I was just jealous!" I said, "I know you're in there..." I whispered moving to kneel on the floor, "I said go away! I don't want your phony apology! I don't care how good an actor you are! Leave me alone!" She cried sitting up, I stared at her a moment, her eyes were red and she had tear stains on her cheeks. I could feel tears in my eyes too, "Ok, but I didn't mean to hurt you, I'm really sorry if I did." I muttered wiping my eyes and getting up. "Don't. Wanna. Hear. It." Grace said, I nodded holding in more tears, I really had hurt her! I climbed down and fell straight into Jonah who was waiting at the bottom. "You apologized, that's what matters." He said rubbing my back, "I'll talk to her." He said, I stopped him, "That'll turn her against you too. Just let me fix it." I said walking to my room. It was time to sleep anyways.