Prologue

5 years later.....

1997

The pungent smell of a cigar wafted around the room. The booming laughter of Ghost filled the room as Lucious recited the latest scuffle his wife got into. Ghost wasn't at all surprised. Cookie was down for Lucious like no other.

"So she hauled off and beat ol girl ass in the parking lot." Ghost laughed.

Lucious nodded a chuckle leaving him. Just last night at one of his gigs some girls got a little to close for her liking. His latest mixtape was in constant rotation around his way. He was on that hood famous status. Girls were feening just to get in his pants.

One girl in particular was alittle more ballsy then most and decide to cope a feel of her man. She tagged that girls face to mental memory. She diddnt want to crash Lucious's gig, but she was livid and he knew it.

As soon as it happened his eyes set out for hers in the crowd. They flashed dangerously at him. With a quick head nod to the security he had her moved back a ways from the stairs. He knew by far this wasn't over for her.

He was right the crew chatted amongst eachother as they walked to their cars after the show. Cookie hasn't planned on beating her ass so soon. She diddnt expect to see the girl in the parking lot.

When Desmonè nudged her giving a head nod across the way. Cookies eyes caught that little witch and she saw red. Sure she knew he was to sell the idea that he was in reach for them, but the only girl who could grab his dick was her and that was for damn sure.

Her fiesty ass bolted across the space reaching that girl in record time. Lucious couldnt even comprehend quick enough. By the time he jumped into action Ol girl was already curled into a ball getting flying fist after fist.

"Damn. Her ass stay popping off." Ghost chuckled. Lucious nodded in agreement.

"Who you telling. She ain't spoke to me since last night for telling her she was overreacting." Lucious sighed. Ghost puffed his cigar and shook his head.

"Yall just hit 8 years of marriage and you ain't learned you never say that yet?" Ghost grinned.

"Shit I done got a couple smacks for saying that and I'm going on 20." Ghost joked. Lucious laughed.

"Hell half the time I don't know what not to say to keep her from snapping at me." Lucious joked.

"How are the cubs?" Ghost asked puffing his cigar.

"They good Andre and Mal bout to start school again in bout a month. Then maybe I can get some damn peace. I swear it's like world war two with them. They stay fighting." Lucious groaned. Ghost chuckled.

"Tell me about it. Drew, Q and Ky been a nightmare." Ghost sighed. As if on cue his daughter came bursting into the room followed by his son. Ghost scowled looking at his kids. The little girl rushed to her dad tears falling down her face.

"Q took my dollies." She whined burying her head in her dad's chest. Ghost glared at the preteen boy who stood smirking.

"Damn It. Now is not the time for this shit." Ghost snapped. Q ignored his father's outburst and turned to Lucious.

"Is miss Cookie here?" He questioned sounding alittle giddy. Lucious rolled his eyes at the boy. At 12 years old Q was a little perv. How Lucious knew...well shit at 12 he wasn't no saint. Plus, the boy made it his job to be all over her when she was around.

"No, she isnt." Lucious responded. Q frowned a heavy sigh leaving him.

"That's ok. Tell her I said hi." Q grinned brightly sending Lucious a wink. He laughed half amused, half ready to punch the kid.