Twelve: The Risk Of Knowing Me

And all of the voices surrounding us here
They just fade out when you take a breath
Just say the word and I will disappear
Into the wilderness

- Tenerife sea

🌸🔪🌸

Jangmi

"Are you sure?" I asked Da Hee for the nth time. She gleefully nodded at me as she wore a great, excited smile.

This is impossible.

Well, it's a great favor for the sake of us three. But for Da Hee? Are they serious? What if we are the kind of people whom they cannot trust? What if we do bad things to them?

"Come on unnie~" She purred and slightly leaned on my shoulder. "Just enjoy everything. You said you're getting short on money and kinda homeless. Unemployed too. Look," She tapped the bedroom door twice. "This is how I will pay you for saving the lives of halmeoni and harabeoji. Four of us sharing in one roof. Isn't that exciting?"

I pursed my lips together.

She's such an angel. And it makes me feel guilty and sad everytime I remember what we did earlier.

--

"Who are you? Who are you and what do you do in life?"

My eyes landed on Jimin. In just a blink of the eye, his bright expression disappeared- same for us two. I'm quite sure he's panicking on the inside right now. Even I have nothing to say and got dumbfounded...

... because that's a very bad question.

"I... I'm..." Jimin stuttered while looking down.

I don't know if we should take risks on trying to tell her who Yoongi and Jimin really are then just watch how she will react. Telling her might mean we could be kicked out of this place and we might scare them as well. The two guys could be brought to jail and things can get worse.

Not telling her the truth simply meant silence. Peace. But of course, there are risks as well. The risk of lying to her. The risk of gaining her trust... then breaking it at the end.

"He's jobless at the moment. Same for me too." Yoongi broke the silence which earned a surprised look from Da Hee.

"Jinjja? What about you unnie?"

"I'm..."

what should I say? I'm not good at lying?

My Killer, My Savior |•| ᴍ.ʏ. ғᴀɴғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara