Chapter 12

I got to know the other members of the group a little before we flew back to my house. We got along extremely well right away. They were like long lost brothers I thought. Zayn was mysterious and quiet. He talked a lot but there was something about him that made him always seem cool. Liam was very mature and like a big teddy bear. Turns out he tried out for X Factor two years ago and got voted off at the judges' house, he was really talented. Niall loved food and was Irish, which I thought was neat to have a little culture in the group. Finally there was Louis. He and I instantly connected. He was the brother I always wanted but never got. We talked all the time, we told each everything, and he was already my best friend. We made a promise that we would move in together when we got the chance.

When we landed back in Holmes Chapel, there were a few girls that came up to us and asked us for autographs at the airport. We looked at each and shrugged thinking there was nothing wrong with it and signed our names. We got a cab to take us back to my place and my mom greeted us with hugs.

"You guys must be the band." She said to them.

"Mum, this is Louis, Liam, Niall, and Zayn." I said introducing them to her.

"It's a pleasure to meet you boys. Come in, make yourselves at home, there's cookies in the kitchen."

"See ya." Niall squeezed by us and raced for the plate of cookies. He came back out with the plate in one hand and a cookie in the other and stuffed his face.

"These are so good." He said with a mouthful of chocolate chip cookies. My mom laughed and left us alone to bond better.

"When do we have to figure everything out?" Liam asked.

"We have to be back by next week." I said. He nodded and snatched a cookie from Niall when he wasn’t looking.

"Let's see if we sound good together." I said. We all sang the same tune only on different notes. It sounded amazing.

"Wow." Louis said in shock.

"That was really good." Zayn said. I sent a quick text to Victoria telling her to come over. She replied instantly all excited to see me and I smiled at her response.

"Who you chatting with mate?" Louis asked.

"No one." I said tucking my phone into my back pocket. He quirked an eyebrow and dropped the topic.

"What do we call ourselves?" Niall asked. We all sat in silence for a moment thinking about it.

"Magic men." Zayn said. Liam gave him a weird look.

"What?" He asked.

"No." Liam simply said

"How about Niall and the potatoes?" Niall laughed. I nudged him and laughed at his suggestion.

"Harry what do you think?" Zayn asked. I stopped laughing and thought about it.

"One Direction?" I finally said.

"One Direction." They all muttered thinking about it.

"Look at it this way. The announcer comes on and announces our name. Give it up for One Direction!" I imitated. Niall did his imitation of an announcer and it sounded really good.

"I like it." Louis said.

"Me too." Liam added. The rest agreed and it was official. We are One Direction.

We started to talk a little bit before someone knocked on the door. I opened the door and Victoria stood there looking as beautiful as ever. She smiled and hugged me tightly. I wrapped my arms around her and held her close.

"I missed you so much. You have no idea." She said pulling away. I kissed her tenderly and pulled back.

"I've waited a long time to do that." She giggled and I led her inside.

"Guys?" I said to them. They stopped their chat and turned to face Victoria and me. They eyes went wide and they straightened themselves up real quick.

"This is Victoria." I said to them. She waved slightly and I could tell she was nervous. I put an arm around her and sat down with her on the sofa.

"I'm Liam."

"I'm Louis."

"I'm Niall."

"I'm Zayn." She said high to each of them then turned quiet for a second.

Victoria's P.O.V

"So you're the rest of the band?" I asked.

"Yep, just the five of us." Liam said. They were all really hot and I couldn’t believe I was dating one of them.

"Was it nerve wracking?" I asked.

"Extremely. We couldn’t believe they put us into a group." Niall said. He was eating a whole plate of cookies and I looked at him oddly.

"What?" He asked shoving one into his mouth.

"You must really like food." I pointed out.

"Yeah, you'll get used to that." Harry said to me. They were all very nice and welcoming. I talked to them about the competition and how the process continued beyond auditions. It seemed like they had it pretty rough until now.

"I think you'll be a hit. All the girls will love you." I said cheekily.

"Yeah…" They all said in unison, including Harry. I shot him a look and his face went red instantly.

"So how do you know Harry?" Louis asked. My face went a little red. I didn’t think there was any harm in telling them but Harry beat me to it.

"She's my girlfriend." He said. I smiled when he said that and they all looked at us.

"You're dating her?" Louis asked. He seemed a little shock and I shifted in my seat.

"Mate, how'd you manage to get her? She's too hot for you." He said in disbelief. I relaxed a little and laughed.

"Harry's actually one of the popular kids at out school." I said ruffling his hair. Louis nodded and took a cookie.

After a little while of talking I realized me and Louis got along really well. We talked about practically everything and Harry didn’t seem to like that too much. Every now and again he would touch my back or grab my hand. I think he was jealous. It didn’t matter though because I didn’t like Louis in that way at all.

The guys were sleeping at his house for the night and would check into a hotel the next morning. I stayed over too since my parents didn’t care and I didn’t want to leave. I slept upstairs with Harry in his room and the boys stayed downstairs in the lounge room. I snuggled into Harry's warm bare chest and close my eyes a little.

"Were you jealous?" I whispered half asleep.

"No." I could he was lying.

"Yes you were." I spat. He didn’t say anything.

"I love you okay? I wouldn’t leave you for anyone, especially not one of your own band mates." I said.

"I know." He sighed hugging me. He kissed the top of my head and we both eventually fell fast asleep.