Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"I was supposed to sleep? I thought today was just really long"I stated, she laughed a bit even though i was completely serious.

"Well I can give you something to help you sleep."

"No.. that's fine."

I was exhausted but I wanted to wait until the other guard was on duty before I slept, I thought Fisher was cool but the fact that he asks me so much about Colby makes me think he has other motives.

After the nurse was done she gave me some pain medication and then left, closing the curtain back as well as the door while she walked out.

"So how old are you?"

"Sixteen."

He nodded slowly and smiled "that's cool. So why are you in this place?" He asked.

"I'm not crazy."

"I never said you were."

"I murdered seven people"

He rolled his eyes and walked over to me, sitting on the side of the bed next to me "I heard you're a pathological liar." I groaned and shook my head "that's not true."

"Then why did you tell me that you murdered seven people when you were actually being beaten at home."he whispered, I stared at him in shocked, my jaw dropped "how did you know that?"I asked.

He smiled widely at me and chuckled at me "they told us all about you and Colby when we started here... of course I like to do a little more research"

"No. How do you know that? I never told anyone that."

"I told you I do my research"

I sat in complete shock, I reached for the call button but He grabbed my hand gently and placed it back on the bed "don't do that. I'm not gonna hurt you. I just think you don't like when people know things about you. "

My breathing became heavier and my heart rate does up, I kept my composure on the outside but on the inside I felt like I was going to be attacked again... I did feel scared at this point. Enough shit has happened for me to finally feel scared.

**

Colbys P.O.V

Ms.kitching was walking with me through the hospital care ward, she promised me that I could see Josie on the cameras again if I did everything I needed to do.

When we walked into the room I immediately sat down and looked at her screen, seeing Fisher sitting next to her in the bed, she looked terrified, I put the headphones on and continued to watch.

She went to press the call button on the side of the bed but he grabbed her hand and stopped her from doing so.

I stayed calm and kept watching to make sure that I didn't overreact. He stood up and walked over to the sink, filling a cup of water and putting dumping a packet of powder into it. "Janice, what is that?"I asked, she looked closer and bit her bottom lip "that's the powder tranquilizer we use sometimes. You're only supposed to use like a pinch for someone her size."she said and I watched as he dumped half the packet in the cup, I threw the headphones off and bolted out of the room, down the hall to get to Josies room.

When I got there i ran in and grabbed him by the neck, throwing him against the wall, Josie covered her mouth and gasped.

Fisher turned around when I backed off and drew his gun on me, pulling the trigger as fast as he could, unfortunately for him, he just grazed my shoulder, he took a step forward and aimed directly at my chest.

Before he pulled the trigger there was a thud and he went to the ground, behind him was Josie standing on a chair and holding a gun, she didn't shoot him, she just hit him really hard with it.

I stared at her for a moment and as soon as our eyes connected I grabbed her off of the chair and hugged her, she wrapped her arms around my neck and hooked her legs around my torso, I closed my eyes and buried my face in her shoulder as I calmed down, this guy was really about to kill her for no reason.

She used one hand to hold herself up around my neck, using her other hand to grab my hair "I'm so sorry, Josie."I whispered, she shook her head and hugged me tighter "just shut up, Colby, I don't care about that anymore"She said.

When I heard people running in, they picked up Fisher who was awake but really dizzy and out of it from being hit so hard,  nurses and guards were gathered around us but it was another five minutes before I let Josie down and even then she was still attached to me.

I looked at everyone surrounding us, they all looked shocked "What do we do now?"one of the guards asked, everyone around us shrugged, ms.kitching stepped in and made everyone leave.

"Okay. What's going on?"ms.kitching asked, I looked down at Josie, her eyes meeting mine "please believe me when i say I will never hurt you again."I told her, she nodded and rested her forehead on my chest

"Colby I might get in trouble for this but... do you want to stay with Josie for awhile?"she asked me, I nodded and let go of Josie, ms.kitching grabbed her hand turned her around "are you hurt?"she asked her "no."

Ms. Kitching nodded and glanced at the two of us "just keep the curtains pulled "She said and pulled the curtains back for us so just the glass door and Windows were exposed.

Before she walked out she turned her head back to us "I knew you two wouldn't last very long apart.. You guys meant to be, ya know."she stated and then shut the door behind her.