"There's a restroom down there, go fix your hair." Lady Clair cares awfully a lot about hair and anything related to outlook.

"Lady Clair!" As I want to growl and disagree with her stupid suggestion, I'm heading down to the restroom.

I see a group of teenagers not so far away from us. They are at the edge of the cliff too, but not so close.

I don't stay much in the bathroom, I turn my messy bun into a one sided french braid and leave the two girls chattering and laughing behind in the restroom. How do they do it? It's dirty and smelly.

I get out and see Lady Clair, Mom and the new woman Lisa gone. I send my prayers to the sky and head straight to the cliff once more.

But someone stops me one more time.

"Hey!" I stop and let my head follow the voice. Stands a boy with his hands in his denim shorts, and a cotton bottomed up pink shirt, smiling at me.

"Hi." I say and don't wait for him to continue and pass him. I didn't look at him but from my brief glance I saw disappointment on his tanned face.

"Do you watch to join us over there?" He pointed to the loud crowd and I stop to listen to him. "We're actually a lot and from different schools, but school doesn't matter anymore huh? we're free from highschool. College's waiting ahead." He says and chuckles at himself.

I impassively look at him and then the crowd. For the last time I glance at the cliff and nod. "Okay."

"Great let's go!" He says cheerfully and I force a smile to pretend to be happy about the situation.

We walk about less than 5 minutes to get to them. Girls pass me by pretending I don't exist and guys bring up their proud faces to show I'm not worth a glance.

It's always like this, nobody accepts a new person.

But I did, didn't I?

Alexis King walked in the cafeteria, with his chin up and backpack on his broad shoulders. He reacted the same, nobody payed attention to his arrival or him being a new kid, in return he didn't acknowledge presence of any kid in the hall.

He sat at the corner of the hall and took an apple out of his bag. I was in the center of cafe with my friends, eating french fries.

"The new kid's unique." Ida said. She cleaned her greasy salty fingers with the tissue I gave her. "I know." I agreed and grinned at how silly it sounded.

Aiden rolled his eyes as he drained his bottle of water by sucking the living life out of it. "It's cool how nobody cares." He eyed Ida. "I mean I expected girls flirting with him or guys giving him a free bro hand shake, but none." He shrugged as he saw Ida's frown.

"It's stupid. It gives him the feeling that he's not accepted here and makes him loathe this place."

I chuckled at how serious their conversation would become later. They kept talking, when they were really distracted by their heated argument, I left the table.

Stealing the last fry and eating it, I headed to the new guy that everyone was talking about and had his chin up.

I reached his table at the same time 3 jocks did.

Jessie, in the simplest description, my ex.

His other two friends were simply standing behind him. I glared at Jessie that made him grin.

"Nice hair you have in there, douche." Cameron told him. Staring at his grayish hair. He stared right at cameron's eyes and after a sec he finally spoke. "Do I know you?"