A slight shiver went down my spine when he said my name. Confusion clogged in me by my reaction towards him. Everything I feel and felt for him seemed to have heighten tenfold than before. Perhaps, the distance and the sudden encounter making me feel everything I feel for him at once.

"I can't let y-"

Mum was cut off mid way by the loud commotion which was coming from the front door and as seconds passed it sounded nearer and nearer.

"We will never let you take our daughter. I don't care if I die, I won't give my daughter to a monster like him." Dad shouted as soon as he entered the sitting room where we were seated.

Mum and I were instantly on our feet while Xerxes took his sweet time to stand and face my dad whose murderous eyes were on Xerxes. He didn't look effected by dad's anger.

Karl and Matthew were holding dad back from pouncing into an unfazed Xerxes. All three men had a murderous look on their faces yet the two seem to be able to hold themselves back.

Mum rushed towards dad in an instant before hugging him tightly whispering sweet nothing in his ears. Dad calmed down instantly, returning the hug he breathed heavily as his anger slowly dissipated.

I looked away from them, and my eyes met with Xerxes who was staring at me. This time, I couldn't look away, his intense stare had me pinned to my place.

Damien walked in looking unaffected by the tense atmosphere clouded in the sitting room as he made his way towards Xerxes. Xerxes broke our eye contact and focused on Damien, they didn't talk but a silent conversation was going on in their heads. Mind link.

Averting my eyes away from them, I sat down on the couch sighing heavily as I felt exhausted with everything that was going on. Karl was beside me in a flash, he had his hand over my shoulders and the other over my forehead.

"Are you okay?" Karl asked in concern.

Before I could utter a reply, Xerxes was before us, his eyes cold and hard on Karl. "Take your hands off, kid."

I couldn't quite get what he meant by that until Karl's grip on my shoulder tighten slightly showing his defiance and the reason for Xerxes' sudden anger.

"I...I..." I didn't know what I was trying to say or why I even bothered to open my mouth when I wasn't going to say anything.

Karl slowly let go of my shoulders and stood up to his full height, he was tall no doubt but Xerxes wasn't just a normal Alpha who'd be overshadowed by someone else.

The difference between their physique was as clear as the broad daylight. Karl was no match for Xerxes who excluded power and dominance by his mere presence but that didn't make Karl back down. He looked determined and decided.

This wasn't looking good.

Do something. Vivi sounded panicked and scared.

But I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I'd be the first one on the ground if I were to intervene but if I didn't do something now it would be too late.

Karl wasn't the Karl I always was with, he had transformed into a different person, his face dark and dangerous but no matter how angry he was, he wouldn't be able to put a scratch on Xerxes.

I need to intervene.

But it was easier said than done.

"Ka-Karl..." I got to my feet and kept a hand over his shoulder to calm him down.

"Don't touch him." Xerxes glowered lowly at me. I removed my hand from Karl's shoulder as if it had burnt me.

"Don't talk to her like that." Karl wasn't happy nor was Xerxes.