Chapter four: Closeted

1929
A few weeks had passed since Samuel had been employed as the studio's music director, and he had spent most of his time recruiting more members for the music department. So far it was going rather well, and he had already selected some talented musicians to play the various instruments the studio had funded. Among the new employees was a young but ambitious woman, who Joey had selected himself to voice some of the side characters in the episodes. However, he had promised this Susie Campbell that he had something far greater in mind for her, which she simply wouldn't shut up about.
Because of all this Sammy had been rather busy, denying him the opportunity to spend more time with Henry. All they exchanged when they passed each other in the halls were a few meaningful glances and an occasional 'good morning', but Samuel really did wish he could be alone with the other man again.

Sammy wasn't the only one who had been busy for the past few weeks; Henry often had to work overtime to get the animations finished. His mind wandered off to Samuel the entire time, but being together with him just wasn't possible at the moment. However, one afternoon in the middle of work, he deciced that he had to see the musician; he simply couldn't bear being seperated from him any longer. He paced towards the music department downstairs, trying to make up an excuse to get Sammy to abandon his job for a bit.

Meanwhile Samuel was in the recording booth with Susie, who was practising her singing; Joey had ordered him to coach the woman, which he greatly despised. Not only wasn't he very fond of miss Campbell, her singing lessons also took away from the small bit of time he had been wanting to spend with Henry.
And to make matters worse, Susie seemed to have developed a slight crush on the music director, making the situation even more awkward.
As Susie finished the song, Samuel complimented her in a way that would hopefully make her believe it was good enough, so she would finally leave him alone.
"Very well miss Campbell; if you continue like this, your new character might even become the star of the show someday."

Susie blushed slightly at his praise. "Gee, thanks mister Lawrence." She then took a step closer towards the music director, placing her hands on his chest. "Say, wouldn't you like to take the soon-to-be star of the show out on a date?~"

Just at that moment Henry entered the room, looking around for Samuel until his eyes locked on the scene in the recording booth, making him freeze for a moment before turning around and storming off.

Samuel sighed with annoyance as he pushed Susie away, before noticing the fact that Henry was running out of the room. "Dammit- Susie, I won't go on a date with you or anything like that, I'm already together with someone else."
He then left the recording booth and went after Henry, leaving behind a pouting Susie.

Samuel caught sight of Henry, who was facing towards a wall, slightly bend over; was he crying? The music director carefully approached the other man, gently wrapping his arms around Henry's waist. "Hey, what's wrong?"

The other man pushed Sammy away as soon as they came into contact however. "Get away from me! I saw you there, with that, that Susie. That's probably why you don't even pay attention to me anymore, right?!" He turned towards Samuel, tears streaming down his face. "Because you're in love with her!"

Sammy put his finger on Henry's lips, silencing him. "What you saw was nothing, my darling; she did want me, but I told her that I'm already together with someone." He smiled a bit, running his fingers along Henry's face. "And the only reason we haven't seen each other much these past weeks is because I've been really busy, I think we both were."

Henry nodded, smiling through his tears and looking up at the taller man. "Alright, I might have overreacted a bit. And you're right, we've both been occupied with work these last few weeks. I just really wish we could spend more time together..."

Samuel smiled deviously at the other man before pushing him against the wall. "Well, let me make it up to you then~" He put his hands on Henry's sides and was about to kiss him, when he suddenly remembered their whereabouts; if anyone would catch them here, they would both lose their jobs, if not worse.
He stood back, his eyes locking on a closet down the hall; he knew Wally kept his janitor supplies in there, but it would probably be big enough to-
He grabbed Henry's wrist, pulling him with him towards the closet. "I've got an idea~"
It was a good thing he was in the possession of a spare key, and once they were both standing in the darkness he locked the door from inside before throwing the key onto the floor; it wouldn't be needed now.

Despite the dimly lit environment, Samuel's lips were able to find Henry's without a doubt, and he started to passionately kiss the other man, becoming rather forceful after a while.

The whole turn of events had taken Henry by suprise; however, now that they finally had a moment together, he just went with it and moved his lips to the rhythm the other man indicated. He slowly put his arms around Sammy, starting to caress his back as he brought their bodies closer together.

Samuel grasped onto Henry's hips tightly before breaking the kiss, biting down on the smaller man's neck instead. Henry gasped in surprise, but soon gave into the sensation, sighing in enjoyment. That's when he began to unbutton Sammy's shirt, sliding it off of his shoulders as he started to kiss and gently bite the musician's neck and shoulder.

Suddenly someone put a key in the lock and turned it, making them both look up, right into the face of Wally. The janitor stared at them for a moment, his jaw dropping. "What in the world-"
Henry turned bright read, shock clearly visible in his eyes, before letting go of Sammy and running right out of the closet, down the hallway.

Samuel watched as Henry disappeared and shifted his gaze back to the young janitor in front of him while clearing his throat. "Franks, ehm, hey, how are you doing?"
Wally stared at the music director, unable to speak from utter suprise for a moment.
"Are you and Henry-" He lowered his voice, looking behind him to check if they didn't have company, "homosexuals?"

Sammy blushed slightly, now that someone said it out loud it sounded pretty strange.
"Yes, we are, but I would very much appreciate if you kept quiet about it. If our coworkers found out, we would certainly be cast out, if not worse." He suddenly realized his shirt was still dangling from his shoulders, quickly putting it into place again before fastening the buttons in the front.

Wally thought for a moment before nodding. "Alright, I like both Henry and you, ya two are good men, so I won't tell anyone." He chuckled slightly. "Just, next time, keep outta my closet, will ya?"

Sammy laughed along, still embarassed. "Okay okay, we will."
He waved the janitor goodbye before walking back to the music department, shaking his head. "Oh Henry, what have we gotten ourselves into."