Chapter three: Drinks and kisses

1929
That evening, Samuel returned to the studio to pick up Henry; after all, he had promised that the two of them would get a drink together, and he actually felt rather excited about it, but he wasn't sure why.

Even though there were other employees leaving the building, there was no sign of the director of the animation department yet, but he waited patiently; Henry probably just had some more stuff to take care of, after all his job had to be rather important.
Meanwhile another familiar soul did approach him, it was the young janitor from earlier today.
"Hey, Samuel was it, right? Did ya get the job?"
Samuel smiled friendly at Wally. "As a matter of fact, I did! I'll get to be the studio's new music director." He said it with a hint of pride in his voice.
Wally shook his head however. "That's good for you of course, but I'll tell ya, that Joey Drew isn't what he seems. He might seem cheerful and nice and all, but deep down inside, I think he's crooked as can be. Trust me, as soon as I get the chance, I'm outta here!"
Samuel couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "Now now, that is your boss you're talking about. Our boss, actually." He then noticed Henry coming from the studio, bringing a smile to his face as he waved at the man. "I'm sorry Wally, but I have to go! See you later!"
He paced towards Henry, leaving Wally shaking his head. "That man sure is fond of Henry already."

Henry was sitting at a table, opposite of the music director, listening to him talk about his passion for music as he stared into his beautiful blue eyes; if he had his way, this would last forever. He had been quite nervous at first, it wasn't every day that a handsome man like Samuel offered to go to a bar with him, but the few drinks he had already consumed eased his mind a bit.

Samuel was just telling Henry some things about his life and his love for music when he noticed the other man staring at him in an almost admiring way. He allowed his eyes to meet Henry's brown ones for a moment, suddenly feeling strange sparks rise in his body as his heartbeat accelerated; what on earth was this feeling? If he hadn't been such a composed individual he would certainly have blushed as he realized what was going on. But this couldn't be, they were both men after all. Why did he have the desire to get closer to the other man however?

Henry didn't notice that anything was going on, and just blushed slightly when his eyes locked with Samuel's for a second, hoping the dim lights in the bar would keep the red colour on his face hidden. He emptied his glass and Samuel did the same, before Henry got up. "Seems like we're out of booze. Let me get us some more, and this round is on me Samuel." The other man chuckled. "Alright alright. And you can call me Sammy by the way, everyone who knows me does that." He winked at Henry, making the man blush even more before he hurried towards the counter, glad to get a break from the situation.

Sammy, his mind already clouded by the alcohol, wondered what to do next; he hadn't missed the obvious blush on Henry's cheeks and his slightly shy behaviour, indicating that he might indeed be into the musician. Samuel himself hadn't ever really been in love with anyone, so the fact that he now had feelings for a man instead of a woman wasn't too shocking for him; still, he knew what people would do if they found out, he wasn't oblivious to the situation. However, he wasn't planning on suppressing his feelings, he would just have to be careful.

He was brought back to reality when Henry sat down at the table again, placing two drinks on it and smiling at him. Sammy smiled back. "Thank you Henry." He pondered on what to do for a moment, he wanted to make some sort of move on Henry, but the other people in the room couldn't notice. He finally decided and placed his hand on Henry's for a moment, now blushing slightly at last.

Henry's face immediately became a shade of bright red as Samuel touched his hand. "Sammy? What are you doing?" The other man just smirked deviously before retreating his hand. "Nothing~"
Henry was rather taken aback but also excited by this, but managed to contain himself.

To distract Henry and himself as well for a bit, Sammy decided to bring up Wally's strange behaviour considering Joey.
"You know that janitor at the studio, Wally Franks, right?"
Henry nodded. "Of course, he is usually rather nice, just sometimes a bit eh, chaotic."
Samuel continued. "Well, believe it or not, but just today he said he would quit his job as soon as he got the chance, because, and I quote, 'Joey is crooked as can be'. You seem to know mister Drew well, so you can probably tell me if it's true, right?"
Henry was quite suprised Wally had said this. "Really? I don't know why Franks would say that, Joey is always so nice to everyone! Sure, he can be a bit eccentric from time to time, and he likes to dream big, but there's nothing wrong with that, right?"
Sammy shook his head. "Of course not, I already thought it was kinda weird Wally said that. But it's reassuring to know the truth now."
He smiled at Henry as he looked into his stunning brown eyes once more, making the other man light up red again.

As the evening continued, they had quite a few more drinks, until they were both on the edge of being drunk. They stumbled outside when the owner of the bar had told them the place was going to shut down for today, breathing in the fresh air the night provided, easing the light-headedness they both felt a tad.
Suddenly a thought formed in Samuel's head. "Wait... I still have to get home, but I got here by car. I can't drive like this though, and I live too far away to walk there-"
Henry put his arm around the other man, the alcohol having taken away most of his inhibitions. "Don't worry Sam, you can stay at my house, it's only a five-minute walk."
Upon hearing this Sammy smiled at Henry. "Alright, that's an offer I won't decline!"

After a few minutes they arrived at Henry's place, and he held open the door for Samuel. "Make yourself at home!"
The man smiled at Henry. "Thanks for letting me stay here."
Henry nodded. "Not a problem, Sam. Well, you can sleep in my bed, and I'll take the couch-"
Sammy shook his head. "I don't want to ban you from your own bed. But we can sleep in it together, unless you've got a problem with that-"

Henry was sure his face was glowing in the dark at this point. "Uhm sure, if you don't mind, I mean I don't mind, not at all, I-"
He was cut off when Samuel suddenly placed his hands on Henry's chest and pushed him against the wall, chuckling slightly.
"Oh Henry, don't be so shy; you and I both know we desperately want each other."

Before Henry could answer he felt Samuel's lips crashing into his; he answered the kiss, hesitant at first, but more passionate once he became used to the feeling.
They pulled away for a moment, smiling at each other before pressing their lips back together.
Henry put his hands on Samuel's waist and pulled the other man closer, now completely giving into his attraction towards the man, as Sammy ran his hands through Henry's hair.

After a few moments they stopped, still holding on to each other, as Henry rested his head against the taller man's chest, listening to his heartbeat. "I'm quite tired, maybe we should go to bed."
Samuel yawned a bit. "You're right, I won't be able to stand on my feet for much longer either. Let's just hit the hay then."
He took a step back, breaking their embrace before putting one arm around Henry and walking with him to his bedroom.

At first they both just stayed on their own side of the bed, still a bit taken aback by everything that had just happened. When Henry was about to drift off however, he felt the other man wrap his arms around him and rest his head against Henry's back.
"Goodnight Sam", he whispered. Samuel smiled in the darkness, closing his eyes. "Have sweet dreams."