e r s h i b a

ERRORS AHEAD

Ayaw niyo magcomment ha? Mananakit na lang ako...

——

STARING AT the food on the table, I made sure to cook a lot of delicious dishes for Yixing's return. He'll be here anytime soon because he arrived at the airport an hour ago. "Zian, are you ready?" I walked back to our room and found Zian holding the banner he made for his father.

He made it last night, I draw a chibi version of Yixing at the side to help him, and it says, 'Welcome back, Zhang Yixing/EXO's Lay'.

I fixed Zian's cap on his head, "Let's wait for your father in the living room, baby." Zian reached out for my hand and we left the room together.

I almost missed his dismissal earlier, fortunately, the can driver knows a lot of shortcuts and I was able to make it on time. Thinking about it, maybe I should buy a car too so I could drive Zian around and no longer have to wait for a cab although I've never had a chance to try driving, even before the accident. I don't think I have developed a phobia but I guess I'll never know unless I try.

I checked my phone to see if Yixing left a message but I found nothing, I put it down on the table beside the couch and focused with Zian instead. He was busy staring at the banner, "Why?" I asked.

He glanced at me, his cute cheeks are emphasized because of his pout, "Will he really come tonight, Xu Yan?"

My brows furrowed, what made him ask that? "Why? Was there a time he didn't come home even if he promised you he will?" My heart broke as Zian nodded his head yet he was able to pull off a smile.

"But Papa tries his best to come home most of the time!"

I pulled Zian into a tight hug, "Don't worry, Xu Yan is with you know."

Every day has been an endless regret of how I should've been with Zian right from the start, and knowing things like Yixing failed to be with him sometimes makes me feel worse. If only I was here since before, Zian would never feel as lonely. It's not that I regret risking my life for Yixing, it's just that I blame myself for forgetting them. Only if I tried harder into remembering them, only if my mother had a heart and let me stay in China as I recover.

These things... these regrets... until when will they continue coming?

We both stiffened when we heard the doorbell rang, Zian stared at me wide eyed, "Papa's here?" He immediately headed to the door with the banner on his hand. I followed him and opened the door for Yixing.

"Papa!" Zian squealed when Yixing carried him on his arms and threw him slightly in the air.

I stood there, watching them and eyeing Yixing. He looks really tired, there are bags under his eyes. I feel downhearted whenever I'm reminded of his schedule that he sent to me last night. It is jampacked starting from June 28 and it's 24 already. We only have three more days together before we give him back to his job.

Yixing turned to me with Zian on his other arm, and pulled me by the waist. "Are you hungry?" I whispered as I wrap my arms around his waist, massaging his back lightly. His back muscles are tensed, probably because they spent the whole day yesterday rehearsing.

I felt him kiss my temple, "Yes, did you cook for me?"

I nodded my head and led him to the dining table where the food are served.

"Woah," he let Zian sit first before he settled on his own seat. I wentn to the kitchen to get our bowls of rice, and served it to them.

We spent the entire dinner catching up, Zian told him how good he is in biking now and Yixing expressed how bad he wants to see it. His parents, on the other hand, invited us tomorrow because they also want to spend time with Yixing. He agreed the moment I let him know and after I suggested that we spend the night there so he could have more time with his parents.