e r s h i e r

ERRORS AHEAD

TWEET: #IARWLOE
——

MY LIDS felt heavy but I gathered all my strength to open my eyes. It was hard to move and my vision was blurry but as soon as it became a little clearer, I roamed my eyes around the whole room.

Hospital.

Again.

There's an oxygen mask on my face, an IV drop is injected in a vein on my hand, and no one is around. I suddenly remembered everything. Was it all a dream? Or was it a reality? Is that why I couldn't remember a couple of years back then? Is that... the scar on my forehead?

The door slowly opened and I saw Jiyeon coming inside, her eyes widened when she saw me. "Omo!" She quickly ran outside and when she came back, she brought a doctor with her. He gently pulled my eyelid and checked my eyes with a flashlight, "How long has she been awake?"

"I don't know, I just went outside for a call and when I came in, she's already awake." Jiyeon answered.

He checked my other eye, and slowly removed the oxygen mask on my face, "Xu Yan-ssi, do you hear me?"

I gave him a short nod.

"Can you clearly see me?" I nod again. "Does anything hurt?" I shook my head.

I honestly don't feel anything hurting, my mouth and throat just feels dry and in need of water. The doctor stepped away and checked the apparatus on my side before he faced Jiyeon, "You can let her drink water but please don't feed her anything yet, we still have to monitor her condition."

Jiyeon nodded her head, "Ne, seonsaeng-nim." She quickly went to my side with a glass of water after the doctor left, it was hard to sit so she had to pull me up. My hands were trembling as I took the glass of water, Jiyeon helped me drink it too. "How are you feeling, Xu Yan-ah?"

I finished the whole glass before answering her, "I'm quite fine."

She heaved a sigh, "Heol, that's a relief."

I watched her sit on the chair beside my bed, "How long have I been here?" I have a feeling that I've been missing out a lot in school.

Jiyeon didn't answer me and just kept on staring, I raised my eyebrows at her, "You're unconscious for almost two weeks now, Xu Yan."

What the hell? "Two weeks?!" She nodded her head. Wow, that's a lot! Those are the amount of sleep college students are dying to have, but isn't that dangerous? "I-I never woke up in that two weeks?"

She shook her head, "Never. That's why we were so worried about you."

"What did the doctor say though? What happened?"

She crossed her arms and leaned against her chair, "Rohee found you that morning, she saw how you kept screaming and eventually fell unconscious. The school called the ambulance and we brought you here. The doctor doesn't discuss anything to us because he said he's already explained it to your parents."

The last thing I remember before I blacked out was that headache I couldn't handle. And my parents? Do they even have time to listen to the doctor?

That afternoon the doctor came back and announced that I'm now allowed to eat soft food but before he can leave, I asked him to stay and told Jiyeon to leave us alone for a while.

"Is there anything you want to ask, Xu Yan-ssi?" He was warmly smiling at me.

I licked my lower lip, hesitant of asking but still continued, "I-I had a long dream while I was asleep and that dream feels so real. It was somehow detailed and I just can't ignore that. Can you tell me what is happening? Are those delusions?"