You Found Me - Chapter Nineteen

Start from the beginning

He didn't say anything, but I could tell from his expression that he was thinking. "So anyway," I piped up, trying to hide my embarassment and the pink that was obvious in my cheeks, "we got there and I had to pee." Niall's faraway expression faded slightly and he laughed again.

"Yeah, I know, tremendously hilarious," I said sarcastically. "But if I hadn't, I never would've found the phone of Sir Hazza Styles."

"Oh, this part I remember," Niall said, interest apparent on his boyish features. "You found it on the ground and saved it from being found by a bunch of girls."

"You make me sound so heroic," I teased. "So, you know, I snuck past your evil security guard, mowed Harry over in the hallway, and here I am."

Niall paused, then said, "You're an interesting girl; you know that, right?"

"In a good way, or a bad way?" I asked, biting my lip.

"I'm not sure yet." He grinned and I rolled my eyes.

"Ha, ha. Got any more questions, smart-arse?"

"So you did want to see me then? You hypocrite." Niall nudged me to prove that he was joking, but I saw through his act. A part of him...wanted an answer to this. I wanted to keep the teasing attitude, but if I was going to address this...I don't think I was going to be able to keep it up.

"But I told you already; I didn't know what I was saying when I said I didn't want to talk about you anymore, or think about you. I didn't know how wrong it was to stay away from you." My brain was whirling, but I couldn't stop everything from tumbling out. (A/N; WORD VOMIT.) "I was afraid. Because even though some part of me wanted to forget, everything else was still screaming to remember. And because...I mean, really. It's been seven years, Niall. I thought...you'd forget about me." Tears pricked at the corner of my eyes, and I blushed, ashamed of them.

Niall put an arm aound he and his blue eyes pierced mine. "I'm sorry...I didn't...."

"No, no...I deserve it." I faked a smile and wiped my eyes. "It's okay. Really."

"No, it's not." Niall sighed. "Sometimes I forget, you know. About everything you went through. There's so much...to remember. I can't hold that against you. If I were you...I'd kinda want to forget it, too."

"Not you," I whispered. "Never you." My throat closed up and a lump rose there. I wanted to bury my face in his arm that was swung around me and just breathe him in, and never, ever let him go.

I could tell he was about to say something when the seatbelt sign dinged loudly and the captain announced our landing. I felt the wheels of the airplane hit the ground and I clutched onto Niall's arm. This part of the plane ride always scared me.

I looked up into Niall's eyes trying to keep my face expressionless. "So...friends."

His lips curved into a smirk. "Yeah...friends."

I smiled lightly, and the plane touched down.

- - - - - - - - - -

"So, like, I was alone on a ten-hour plane ride. Are you trying to sedate me?" Louis asked, frowning at the rest of us as we hoisted our baggage off the plane.

"Of course not...even if you did need sedating...maybe a little," Liam scoffed. Louis glared at him playfully.

Harry looked...pissed. There was really no other word for it, to be fair. And I knew exactly why. I hadn't known until what Louis had just said about him being alone...but Harry had to sit with Lucy. Fun.

I nudged him and whispered, "Why the long face, Hazzy boy?"

He gave me a look that clearly said "It's obvious."

"Give her a chance," I mumbled. "Please? I mean...you can't help who you fall in love with."

I don't think that helped Harry at all. He turned away from me and continued down the corridor in silence. Niall and I exchanged a knowing look. Poor Harry...

"Right, so we have to go to some sort of London meet-and-greet--" Zayn began.

"--even though you just got here. Typical," Lucy complained.

"--so we got a guy to take you to your flat. It's across the way from our flats, so--"

"--it'll be like a huge sleepover!" Lucy piped up again, in a sarcastic voice. I glared at her, telling her to shut up and let Zayn talk.

"Sounds good, Zayn." We made our way to the front of the airport, where a large dark car sat parked on the curb. Hundreds of European vehicles passed by, honking loudly, and I felt a sudden happiness was settled upon me. I adored Europe, even if the only place I'd ever been was home.

"Is that it, then?" Lucy asked, pointing toward the black car. A tall man in a suit got out of the car, holding a sign that read "ALISON HUNTER & LUCIELLE MARCUS."

"I'd wager so," I said, nodding towards the sign.

"Oh...oh, duh." Lucy laughed at herself.

"So I guess we'll see you guys in a few hours?" My gaze lingered on Niall longer than I had meant it to.

"Guess so," he agreed, and the boys waved a hasty good-bye as a limousine honked at them.

"Nice ride," Lucy muttered. I laughed.

The two of us made our way toward the black car and the driver looked us up and down.

"Lucielle and Alison?" he raised his eyebrows.

I nodded. "Yep." I popped the 'p'.

He opened the back door to the car and Lucy and I clammored in, feeling somewhat...special.

"Man, I can't wait to see our new place. I'm so excited!" Lucy's eyes shone as we heard the car start.

"Me, too," I agreed, and it was true. The boys hadn't shown me, or even told me, what my house even looked like, which made me nervous and protective. I doubted the new flat could come close to my old house - my home. I guess houses meen a lot to me, because they aren't just a place where you live. I don't know...

We drove through London, and the black car wove effortlessly through traffic. London fascinated me. There was so much to take in, and I didn't have enough eyes.

And then, the car stopped. It parked, and the man came to let us out.

"We're here," he said dryly.

But I couldn't say anything.

Because my flat.

Wow.

I was going to kill these boys.

A/N; CLIFFIEEEE.

So I might upload the prologue today...but i don't know, I guess I'm suddenly "busy".

Man, parents just don't understand priorites. -.- xx