You Found Me - Chapter Nineteen

A/N; hooray, an actual chapter. whoop de doo and all that. I'll be posting the prologue for FMTTM (the Louis story you picked!) pretty soon, hopefully today. Today is going to be my "story construction day". So yeah. (x I'm going to start dedicating chapters now YAY. dedicated to lionessxx because she rocks my socks and she's an amazing reader and writer and I love her to death and she always dedicates to me and okay. (: xx

I lifted up my left eyelid and tried to make sense of the blurry surroundings. Slowly, I rubbed my eye with my fist and sat up, trying to remember what happened. I was still sitting in the airplane, on the way to London. I opened my other eye and shook my head, which was kind of sore. I didn't remember my pillow being so hard...

Oh, no wonder, I realized as I saw my pillow on the ground and Niall's sleeve rumpled. I must've fallen asleep on his shoulder. I felt my cheeks heat up just thinking about it.

"Good evening, this is your captain speaking. We'll be landing in London in about thirty minutes time, so--"

I tuned out the captain after I heard that part of his announcement and laughed to myself. I slept for almost ten hours in the middle of the day.

I pulled open the windowshade and stared out below me. The ocean was just disappearing behind the tail of the airplane, and I could see the coast of England underneath me. Excitement coarsed through my veins. Though I'd always wanted to, I'd actually never been to England before. To be honest, before my mum died, I'd never been out of Ireland. The farthest I'd been away from Mullingar was Dublin, and that was for a day out shopping with my mum and my brother. But England...It was like the promised land, really. I remember a girl in my year went to England once, and I was so jealous of her. She brought back a ton of souvenirs and ever since I've wanted to go. I hadn't thought about it since I was too busy worrying about things that could go wrong, but...I was really, really lucky. Lucky to be going to a place I'd dreamed of since I was little, lucky to be surrounded by friends.

I felt Niall stirr next to me and I felt myself aching to wake him up. I really wanted to talk to him, even if it was just for a little while. I wanted to ask him about what Harry told me...if it was even true. Although, I didn't doubt Harry...

As if on cue, Niall sat up, rubbing his bright blue eyes. He blinked twice. "Hello," he said groggily, and I laughed.

"Afternoon, sleepyhead," I greeted. He grinned slightly and my heart thumped loudly in my chest. He looked so cute and innocent with his hair pushed over to one side and his cheeks pink from the heat in the cabin.

"How long've you been up?" he asked.

"Not too long. I'm pretty impressed, though, I slept almost the whole way," I told him, almost proudly.

He laughed and ruffled his hair. "Impressive," he agreed. "It's, what, a ten hour flight?"

"Yeah, well. I get tired." I shrugged.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked suddenly. I raised my eyebrows at the change in subject, but nodded. "I was thinking about this when you fell asleep, and wanted to ask you...How did you end up backstage the night of the concert?"

I grinned slyly. "That is an interesting story." He didn't say anything; he only studied my face. So I continued. "Lucy always loved One Direction. To be honest, she loved you all before you even stepped foot on US soil. But I never told her about you. I just figured she'd never believe me...and it never came up." Niall snorted out a laugh. "So, I bought her tickets. Bought one for each of us. I thought....I don't know." My voice got smaller. "I wanted to see you, even if it was far away. See you in person."