You Found Me - Chapter Eight.

Niall's POV

I had to admit that, at best, my performance that night was half-hearted.

I saw my name among the signs in the crowd, and, like every time, it made my heart soar. While I was onstage, I always felt confident and happy, like a totally different me. Singing just gave me that feeling. But tonight something was off.

And, this time, I knew exactly what it was.

Allie.

I couldn't think about her name without being sucked back into the past, so I tried best not to think of her name and refer to her as...her. I had always assumed that she had just found her way in California, or maybe that's just what I'd wanted to think to put my mind at rest. But in all honesty, there was always a part of my mind that worried about her. I'd known Aidan all my life, and he wasn't exactly responsible, but he was the only thing Allie...she...had left. I still couldn't believe her dad just left them when their mother died. I'd always thought Michael Hunter was a dependable person.

It just goes to show that you never truly know a person until a tragedy brings everyone to question who they really are, and their true colors are brought out.

Yeah, sure, that night I heard thousands of girls scream my name. It should've had the starstruck effect that it usually does on me, but tonight there was only one girl who's lips I wanted to form my name.

Her.

After the show, the boys kept giving me slightly worried looks and kept whispering to each other, completing their conversations with violent hand gestures. I heard the words 'noughts-and-crosses' and shook my head. They were gambling on who to talk to me. I turned away from them and pretended to be interested in a poster of the girl band who opened for us when Harry tapped my shoulder.

"Hey, mate," he said, awfully cheerful for someone who obviously had just lost a bet.

I put on a fake smile. "Hey, Haz."

"So, listen." Harry bit his lip. "The lads are thinking that...this girl...is she...kind of...you know..." Harry trailed off suggestively.

"Actually, no, I don't know," I pointed out, my voice snapping more than I meant it to at the end.

Harry looked around and lowered his voice. "What happened with you and Allie?"

I avoided his eyes. "I...I can't tell you."

"Why?" Harry's voice was hurt. "What the hell? I thought we told each other everything."

"It's her story to tell!" I protested. "I'm barely even involved. The problems are hers. If they were mine, I would've told you!" Okay, maybe they were kind of mine, too. Everything that hurt...her...hurt me, too. But I wasn't going to tell Harry that. Things were complicated enough.

Harry sighed. "Whatever. I guess...It wasn't really our business, anyway. You know we're just looking out for you."

"I know." Tears pricked at the corners of my eyes. Shit, no crying. I turned around quickly to look at the poster again, and didn't release my tense posture until I heard Harry walk back to the lads.

Allie...why now? Why did you have to come back?

I bit my lip until I tasted blood. Unfortunately, though I ached to deny it, I was still glad she came back. She was the only person who, until I met the boys, knew absolutely everything about me. And I knew everything about her.

Everything about her.

"Hey." I looked up as Paul nudged my shoulder from behind me. I hadn't even heard him come up. "C'mon. It's time to head to the hotel."

"'Kay," I said softly, following his over to the other boys. I didn't look them in the eyes, but I could tell they were wishing I had, as they were all staring straight into my soul. I felt so guilty, but at the same time, protected. Allie had told me seven years ago, right before she left, that she wanted to forget that her past had ever happened. When she'd move, she wouldn't tell a soul about her mother or her childhood. Though it hurt, I agreed to keep my mouth shut. She wanted to forget me. But I could never forget her. I had kept Allie's secret safe from my own brothers. I felt like shit...but if she wanted to tell them, she would. If we ever saw her again. Even if we didn't this simple meeting would haunt me forever.

"Hey, Paul." Liam nudged him. "Y'think it'd be okay if we went out first? There's someone we want to meet up with before we go back."

No. He's joking. He's gotta be.

"Sure, I guess. As long as your back by eleven," Paul replied uneasily. I could tell he was exhausted.

"Lads--"

Zayn cut me off. "Thanks, Big P. We'll meet you back at the hotel, alright?"

Paul nodded. "So where am I dropping you all off at?" As we approached the car, I started to feel nervous. We couldn't really be doing this, could we?

"McDonalds," Louis insisted. Zayn rolled his eyes and Liam whipped out his phone.

No. No, Liam, you wouldn't dare.

Harry saw my eyes widen in fear and whispered, "Don't you dare try to weasel out of this."

I tried to speak, but my mouth wouldn't form words.

Allie's POV

I had to admit, the concert was amazing. They were all super talented boys. I could tell something was bothering Niall, though, and it wouldn't take Einstein to figure it out. Suddenly, my phone vibrated in my pocket.

From: Liam P.

Meet you at the McDonalds downtown? We're

paying, promise. :) xx

My heart pounded. Going to McDonalds at nine at night with my ex-best friend and his bandmates? Why not? It'd certainly break the century-old ice between Niall and I.

"Hey Lucy." I nudged her across the seat in her car. "Want to go for burgers with One Direction?"

A/N; sorry it's a bit short; filler chapter. & I was kinda rushing to I apologize for grammar errors etc.