Beach trip.

I had tried to avoid it long enough, it was time to face my dad. I got Lee to drop me off and he gave me a sympathetic look before driving off. I pulled my suitcase up the driveway and opened the front door. The house was quiet but I could hear the faint sound of the TV. I dragged the suitcase along the floor and put it at the bottom of the stairs, that was a problem for another day. I went into the lounge room and dad turned off the Tv.

"Hey dad." I said leaning over to kiss him on the cheek.

"Hi Elle. Sit down please?" He gestured towards the lounge. I obliged and sat down, I knew this was coming.

"So what happened?" I explained everything to him and he stiffened, his hands clenching.

"Ill kill him."

"Daddy don't be silly, honestly I should have known we were kidding ourselves with this whole long distance thing."

"Long distance doesn't give him an excuse to do that to you." He growls.

"I know dad, but its not worth getting angry. The Flynn's are a big part of our lives and I don't want to loose that because I was gullible. It will be awkward enough when he does come home. Lets not make it worse." He places his fingers on the bridge of his nose in frustration but he nods.

"Fine. How was the campus anyway? Did you work out where some of your classes will be?" He asks trying to calm down.

"Dad, I don't think I want to go to Harvard now, Ill just go-"

"Elle you will not throw away the best opportunity for your life over some jackass." He slams his hand on the coffee table, I have never seen him this angry.

"I just-"

"No Elle. You will have boyfriends and you will break up and you cant just run away or move schools. I know it sucks but you will have to face him either way and Im not going to let you let go of Harvard because of some awkward tension."

"Its not just Noah, we can afford it dad."

"Dont you worry about money, we will make it work. Don't try to use that as an excuse to not go. Im sorry Noahs done this, honestly I am. But you will face him and you will go to Harvard. End of discussion." I knew he wouldn't make me go if it hadn't been such an exciting thing for me before this, but I knew he was right. It just made my stomach turn that I had to go to school next year with Noah, and probably watch him with endless girls again. I kiss dad on the head and get up, heading over to tackle the stairs with my suitcase.

Noahs due home this afternoon, we were suppose to come back together since he was on summer break. Its going to be so hard avoiding him while he's home, especially when I usually spend every day of summer at their house.

I opened the suitcase on my bed and realised that the next time I unpacked it would be at Harvard, in my own dorm room. That was a scary thought. I quickly threw the dirty stuff into the washing pile and put the rest away. As I got to the bottom I found a photo frame, the one that I had seen on Noahs bedside table, it was us up at our Hollywood sign from last year, we were smiling at each other and he had stuck a stick note to it that said I love you Shelly. My heart skipped a beat as i picked it up, hugging it to my chest. He must have slipped it in when he realised I wasn't going to stay and hear him out, and it worked he was pulling at my heart strings.

I hated being weak when it came to Noah, he could smile and clear just about any wrong doings in my eyes. But this time was serious, he was cheating on my and I couldn't just let it slide. I put the photo in my draw so that I wasn't looking at it and softening with every minute. Then I put on a sappy movie and laid in bed to watch it.

Brad came bouncing into my room as the movie came to an end.

"Dad said to ask you if you can take me to the beach for an hour before the sun sets." I roll my eyes but get up, I hadn't been home for a week so I did miss my little brother but I also wanted to sit and wallow.

"Yeah lets go." I throw on some flip flops and we head down stairs. "We will be back soon." I called out to dad but he only grunted in return to let us know he heard. We got in the car and headed to the beach.

It was full of people, summer break was in full swing and no-one seemed to want to miss a minute of sunshine. There was a game of volley ball going and I went over to watch, figuring it was the best option while Brad ran off to get some waves. Dixon, Cam and some of the other guys from school noticed me and came over.

"Hey Elle, where have you been this summer? You've missed some great parties." Dixon asks.

"And we missed our strip shows." Cam laughs. I roll my eyes at him.

"Was on the annual beach trip." I say casually, trying not to let the memories of a perfect holiday break me in front of everyone.

"Damn so the Flynn boys weren't sharing?" Cam says seedily.

"Shut up Cam, Im not a piece of meat." I laugh, trying not to be a complete ass but letting him know to back off.

"Ignore him Elle, he doesn't know how to be a normal human being." Laughed Dixon. "Have you decided which college your going to yet?" He asks clearly trying to change the subject.

"Yeah I've decided on Harvard, there wasn't really a choice really, I mean its Harvard."

"And lover boys their." He laughs raising his eyebrows suggestively. I scoff, not realising how much distaste I put into it.

"Trouble in paradise?" Cam asks putting his arm around me, I shake it off.

"I wouldn't choose a college because of a guy." I say ignoring his question. Though truthfully I nearly said no to Harvard over a guy so maybe Im not as smart as I hoped. "Where are you going Dixon?"

"Got a football scholarship to Yale." He grins.

"Nice work!" Males suck being able to get college for free due to their athleticism.

"Thanks." He smiles back, he's smile drops as we both hear a familiar motorbike getting closer. "We'll see you soon Elle." He says nodding towards the bike. Ugh thanks for the solidarity guys.

I forgot just how sexy Noah Flynn looked on his motorbike, his jeans and shirt tight against his muscular body, leather jacket and hair flicking just under his helmet. He pulls into a spot, climbing off his bike, head scanning the crowd as he takes off his helmet before his eyes lock with mine. 

A/N- I realised writing this chapter that I accidentally got the time line a little confused so have skipped their graduation I think! Sorry guys! Im Australian and the timelines a little confusing for me so sorry if there are other mistakes you pick up on. But I love the story to much to give up after a little mistake, hopefully you guys feel the same ;) haha. 

Thank you guys for all the love, honestly each notification makes me smile. Please keep voting and commenting as always! <3

And if you have time please read my original story Just Ava. :) xx