Don't Mess With the Devil

3rd Person POV

"Maven fucking Calore!" A voice yells down the hallway. His head perks up from a map of Norta, but there's fear in his eyes. Cal just smirks at his younger brother, he knows that threat from anywhere.

"I'm guessing we will continue this in a couple of days? A week perhaps?" Cal teases. Another yell travels into the room, one a lot closer than before. He take a the map from the table in front of him, wrapping it up to store in the basket near the window. Maven paces around the room, mentally preparing himself.

"Just give me a couple days," he sighs with his large hand rubbing down his face.

Cal still smirks down at his brother. His hand pats his brother's shoulder, wishing him luck for one last time before he left.

Y/N yelling at Maven is the least of his own worries, it's the stuff that comes after it that he's afraid of. Quickly after falling in love with Y/N, he found out things he didn't know. For example, he had no clue that girls bleed for a week. Once he realized that, Maven caught on to when Y/N had her week. It involves yelling and snuggling. It may be weird, but that's what happens.

Out of no where, Y/N has jumped in front of Maven and almost scared him half to death. She has an annoyed look on her face mixed with eagerness. "How did you get here without me knowing?"

Y/N's eyes wander all over Maven's face, she can see the fear. Which is good, because he should be scared. Just like every month.

"I hope you remember I'm a Silk. Someone who is very quick and quiet in their family, literally." Her mood has almost gone playful, but it still has that "you're stupid" look plastered on her face.

He shakes his head, "of course. But usually you choose not to use it at this time of the month."

"I had to get your attention somehow," Y/N mumbles. It takes Maven some minutes to look at what his girlfriend is wearing. His sweatpants and a shirt that's a bit too big on her small form. Fear is covered with amusement.

"You want to go lay down?" Maven holds his hands out in front of him, waiting for Y/N to grab them. Her own emotions are filled with joy. For now.

Maven scoops Y/N up underneath her legs, bringing them both around his waist. She's hanging onto him only by his neck since Maven is doing all the work for her. They pass by a couple of Red workers and guard, all of them nodding at the Prince and Princess walking as one in the hall.

The way to Maven's bed chambers is somewhat of a walk. He going to count that as his cardio for the day, there's no need for more. The entire way to his room, Y/N would groan into his shoulder out of pain. She can bare it, Y/N has definitely faced worse before, but this is one of the only times she gets to be upset about something.

"Have you taken any medicine today?" Maven whispers into Y/N's ear. With one hand still secured under her leg, Maven opens up his bedroom door with the other hand. "Okay, so I'm going to drop you on the bed," a loud whine escapes out of Y/N's mouth as Maven indeed place her on his bed. "Now I'm going to go get you medicine from my bathroom and a cup of water, then I'm going to go change out of my uniform. Give me at least five minutes, then I'm all yours for the rest of the night."

His girlfriend just nods in response, and grabs the nearest pillow to hug close to her chest. It even smells like Maven.

A couple seconds later, Maven returns with medicine and a cup of water. He places them on his nightstand near Y/N's head, then gives a light kiss on her forehead.

Very quickly, Y/N takes the medicine and swallows it with water real fast. Her head nuzzles back into the pillow, waiting for her prince to return.

Moments later, there's a soft presence coming from behind Y/N. Long arms are wrapped around her waist, the arms even pull her closer towards the body they belong too.

"No-oh," she whines, pushing Maven's arms off of her waist. He should know by now that his arms do not belong there on a day like this. The next thing Maven knows, there is a pillow being whacked against his face. Y/N does not play nice.

Instead, Maven rolls over and completely lays on top of his girlfriend. He has always hated being on top of Y/N, it makes him feel like he's crushing her. Next, Y/N flicks the side of Maven's head, then ruffles the fluff on top of his head. That's the usual signal for wanting her personal heater to start.

Who would have thought, the big, tough Maven Calore is being used to help with pains in his girlfriend's lower stomach. He makes sure to keep his flamemaker bracelet in control, since he's using so much heat (but not too much), because he doesn't want to burn the bed down.

Eventually, Y/N falls asleep hugging Maven. Now this is the time Maven flips the two of them over. It is always more comfortable when Y/N is resting on top of Maven, not Maven resting on top of Y/N.

Very carefully, he rests his girlfriend on her side, then makes the full rotation. Once Maven gets Y/N settled on his chest, a small snore escapes out of her mouth.

"You are so lucky I love you, Y/N Iral."

———

"Turn it back on!"

"I barely turned my fire down!"

"Maven Calore. . . ."

"FINE, fine, fine, fine, fine."